CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Windshield washer / turn signal stick

Can anyone tell me anything about this stupid button on my turn signal stick? It's on my 08 DTS but not my 07 Impala. It is what on a traditional stick ould have been the cruise resume. I'm used to driving my old buick and will occasionally hit that trying to resume cruise and the wipers will start going and the washer will spray...It will stop and a few seconds later do it again. I does this like 3 or 4 times before finally stopping at which point the car has windshield washer fluid running all over it.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Does it wait a few seconds before the wipers start?

If it does...Look at the DIC next time you hit that button.

It might be saying... HEATED WIPES PENDING

That what my 2006 does when I push that button.

It waits a few seconds while it is heating the fluid... then sprays the HOT washer fluid on the windshield...3 or 4 times.

It is GREAT for cleaning bugs off the windshield when on a road trip.

Yours may or may not have the heating parts still installed... there was a recall to remove it.

I declined to have mine removed.

I like it and what it does.

Posted Image

I read about the recall and according to GM, it has not been performed on my VIN so I assume that it is still present. I too was planning on ignoring the recall.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I read about the recall and according to GM, it has not been performed on my VIN so I assume that it is still present. I too was planning on ignoring the recall.

Next time you hit that button... see if it does what I described above.

I am curious.. :)

I will not recommend either way on doing the recall.. that of course, is your decision.

That being said.. I really like the things the heated wipers do.

If you ever park outside where frost would be on the windshield... it takes care of it in about ONE MINUTE... and you don't have to scrape the windshield or wait on the defroster to warm up. :)

Mine lives in the garage, but I have encountered the need to use it on trips to Colorado and Montana,

Posted Image

Archived