CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Suspension you guys Recommend..?

Interested in repairing the "usual" worn out Caddy suspension. Was looking around and wanted to see how may of you, here on the board have testimonials of these manufactures. Thanks for the feedback..

Arnott Industries

^ Recommended while on Road Trip stop by Missouri from a Cadillac Owner that noticed my rear low (trunk was full), and said it fixed his.

Strut Masters

^ Seen many people talk about them

Suncore Industries

any other recommendations...?? :unsure:

I installed Arnott rear air shocks in my '96 Seville. They were a direct fit and restored the proper ride to the car as well as eliminated the SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message. After a few years, the SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message came back. The connections on the bypass plugs corroded and Arnott sent me new ones at no charge.

I would install them again if the need arises.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to members and viewers, I have used the forum for ideas and advice, and have been thankful for info found here. This is my first post. i recently had installed a set of front strut assemblies that i bought from Suncore.They cost 436 delivered, and were complete assemblies with coil springs and mounting plates, and bearings. They have been in car for a month now, a little over a thousand miles. They came with the resistors, that I insisted be soldered in,mechanic just wanted to wrap with electrical tape. No message problem or alerts. The car drives very nice, and handles very nice. People that have drove it have commented on how smooth the car drives. I even was saying "wow" a few times the first drive. The assemblies cost me 230 to install, and included a 4 wheel alignment. This install gave me my car back. i was having cluncking and rattling noise and neg feedback thru the steering wheel, along with the weak strut floating and extra bounce, along with a strange vibration once in awhile. The car now feels precise and tight(feels like a new car), no noise with the exception of a muted sounding clunck once in awhile. The car has great road feel. I am very happy with the results of the install. The noise seems to come from passenger side front, so I will look into that sometime at next service. Parts were delivered in two days, so they ship quickly. I did not replace any of the rear suspension, so I can not comment on that aspect. I would definietly buy them again. i live in Iowa, and have no other contact or affiliation with company I bought them from. Feel free ask questions if have any.

• 2 months later...

Wanted to give this thread a bump and maybe elicit some more feedback.

I have the typical problem mentioned, with the air suspension apparently faltering all around. OEM replacements are out of the question. Arnott seems like a legit outfit, but that just seems to set you up for other failures in the air system. Conventional shocks seem more logical, and obviously, less expensive.

With that in mind, I would be soliciting more feedback on Suncore and Strutmaster.

Not to sound like a dumass, but when the rear end of the car starts to sag, is that a sign that the shocks or the springs are going out? The ride in the car is way too springy, which indicates the shocks are toast, but then, I wouldn't think that would cause the car to ride low. Trying to evaluate what all would need to be replaced if I convert to regular shocks. From the sounds up front in the car, it seems the strut mounts themselves need to be replaced.

Thanks to any and all.

Wanted to give this thread a bump and maybe elicit some more feedback.

I have the typical problem mentioned, with the air suspension apparently faltering all around. OEM replacements are out of the question. Arnott seems like a legit outfit, but that just seems to set you up for other failures in the air system. Conventional shocks seem more logical, and obviously, less expensive.

With that in mind, I would be soliciting more feedback on Suncore and Strutmaster.

Not to sound like a dumass, but when the rear end of the car starts to sag, is that a sign that the shocks or the springs are going out? The ride in the car is way too springy, which indicates the shocks are toast, but then, I wouldn't think that would cause the car to ride low. Trying to evaluate what all would need to be replaced if I convert to regular shocks. From the sounds up front in the car, it seems the strut mounts themselves need to be replaced.

Thanks to any and all.

Cadillac does not have an AIR suspension "all around". The Cadilllac does NOT have a similar suspension as the LINCOLN as referred to above, the suspensions are apples and oranges.

The Cadillac has AIR SHOCKS and SPRINGS in the rear. Simply replace the AIR SHOCKS in the rear, very easy. If the car is sitting low or bottoming out, replace the springs.

The front typically has variable dampening electronic struts. YES, the OEM struts are expensive and some are not available. But there are lots of options.

Arnott is one option and a GOOD one at that

But there are some solutions at www.rockauto.com like Monroe that can solve a problem. But always consider replacing the strut mounts and springs when you do the struts, you won't be disappointed if you do. The car will handle better and steering return and noise will be eliminated and improved. Neither springs or strut mounts are lifetime items

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

One other thing to consider if the rear of the car is sitting too low is the level ride system may not be operating correctly.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I recently installed shocks and struts from Suncore on my green 94 STS (winter car) because shipping was $300 cheaper for me than Arnott. I am very pleased with the setup for what I paid and the install was a cinch besides soldering and mounting the resistors. Despite all the nay say's I've read about this company I have to say I'm happy! I live in a very cold climate 9 months of every year, so our roads suffer greatly every spring from intense potholes and ripples in the roads, but this system is A1 in my opinion.

Just be sure to request the right fittings for the air lines. I can bypass my pump if needed and fill the rear shocks with an air compressor if I have a trunk-load and the in-laws riding in the back seat.

On my 94 STS (summer ride) a couple years back I went with Arnott and I have to say this ride is smoother and handles much better. The plus side with Arnott is that they are plug and play (no soldering or splicing any wires) but the not too much of a drawback is that you need to install the springs on their struts.

Cost-wise: Suncore

Performance and Quality: Arnott

Archived