CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Transmission Harness Question

Does anyone know if the transmission harness on a 1996 Deville is a two part harness (externall and internall)that can be separated or is it a one piece harness that cant be separated?

A picture would be great too.

There has to be a disconnect somewhere to allow the assembly line folks to connect the powertrain wiring to the chassis wiring in the most timely manner.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Jim, I had my transmission fixed back in Sept. of 2010 and every since I have had to add tranny fluid. I took my deville back to the guy two weeks ago and complained to him that there had to be a leak somewhere, the owner kept it for a day and said he could not find a leak. Since that I have added a total of 1 qrt. to the tranny, I took a peak under the car this week end and noticed my old harness still there and I unpluged it and it was doing the same thing it was doing before "leaking" so I went back to the shop today and asked the owner why he didnt replace the harness that he got paid to replace. He replied that he did, he replaced the internal harness. So this is why I need to know if there is an internal harness or if it is a one piece harness that comes out of the tranny and plugs into the cars harness. Thanks

Roger that johnny, I need to know if that section of the external harness disconnects or continues to run into the tranny to all the sensors. Because my repair guy is telling me there is an internal harness and an external harness which is the part you are talking about. Thanks

So does anyone know if the transmission harness is a one or two piece harness. By what I am seeing online it is a one piece harness that runs through the tranny to the sensors and everything else and plugs into the cars main harness when it exits the tranny. Is this correct? Thanks

Archived