CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi Everyone, new to the forum here but wondering if anyone can clear up an old question about my car for me. I own and show a 1990 Cadillac Coupe de Ville with Couronne Edition badges that seems to have every option in the book (including power sunroof, gold ornamentation, trumpet horn, rear air suspension, leather, etc) excluding power seatback recline and digital dash. I am wondering if anyone can point me to documentation on the significance of the Couronne Edition designation or production numbers for that model year of the Coupe de Ville or that Edition. I'll include a picture in this post, please note that this is not a Fleetwood coupe despite the skirts over the rear wheels; which were dealer installed, aftermarket, parts (at the request of the original owner) that do not fit the Fleetwood model. Also I have heard that there will be aftermarket replacement underhood padding/insulation that includes the engraved Cadillac Insignia as the original padding had carved into it, available for sale soon. Has anyone else heard this or know where to find it? Thanks for any help you can provide.33493410001_large.jpg

I have never heard of that before but that is one sharp automobile. my favorite feature on that generation was the lever above the center of the steering wheel that pulled the wheel in and out. why they discontinued that I dont know, but I must see more pics, one pic is just not enough

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I have never heard of that before but that is one sharp automobile. my favorite feature on that generation was the lever above the center of the steering wheel that pulled the wheel in and out. why they discontinued that I dont know, but I must see more pics, one pic is just not enough

Thank you for your interest in the car, I have more information and pictures including one of the couronne edition badge posted at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3349341/1990-cadillac-deville-coupe-2d though it is a bit outdated. I have since added collector plates and abandoned ideas of modifying the car beyond a cd player and removable rear window tint...the car is perfect as it is IMHO. That is an interesting feature you mention about the steering wheel but mine doesn't seem to have it. I believe 1989 models which are similar in appearance do but the air bag in my 90 seems to have done away with that feature, personally I prefer the look of the 89 steering wheel as it is much more elegant but the air bag is a nice safety feature to have.

Yep, very nice car indeed. And like you mentioned, the telescoping steering wheel went away when the airbags came for those models. Always liked that style - my first one was an '88 DeVille, blue on blue. Something I liked a lot was the fiber optics showing you that your lamps worked.

/Jonas

Yep, very nice car indeed. And like you mentioned, the telescoping steering wheel went away when the airbags came for those models. Always liked that style - my first one was an '88 DeVille, blue on blue. Something I liked a lot was the fiber optics showing you that your lamps worked.

/Jonas

Thank you, I like that generations styling paricularly in the coupe configuration despite it being kind of difficult to get out of the back seats, even for me at 23 years old, but other than to polish the leather what do I need to go back there for anyway, right? The fiber optic lamp indicators are a very nice thing to have but my favorite feature is the exhaust growl during acceleration and the powerful chug sound it makes at idle. I hate that whisper, wind noise like sound, most newer cars make when you push the gas. Even my 86 town car sounds like that...I prefer to hear it purr.

Archived