CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

service fuel

qwertyu22

I have the code P0231 fuel pump feedback circuit low voltage is that mean I have to change the pump relay. Everything was fine with it and I cahnge the ECT and now the car don't start and I have this code.

The relay would be a good starting point. Borrow one from another circuit.

There is also a 20A fuse.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Have somone sitting in the car turning the key switch from OFF to ON while you reach under the back end and place your hand on the bottom of the fuel tank. You should feel the pump run for 2 to 3 seconds every time the key is moved from OFF to ON.

The known trouble spots are fuse, relay, pump motor to chassis wire harness connector, pump motor.

How likely is it you damaged or broke a ground wire when you changed the ECT sensor??

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Have somone sitting in the car turning the key switch from OFF to ON while you reach under the back end and place your hand on the bottom of the fuel tank. You should feel the pump run for 2 to 3 seconds every time the key is moved from OFF to ON.

The known trouble spots are fuse, relay, pump motor to chassis wire harness connector, pump motor.

How likely is it you damaged or broke a ground wire when you changed the ECT sensor??

Thank you everyone I found the problem it was a wire on the ingnition relay that was broke. That was making the car don't start and I think that before it was completely broke it was making the idling and hard to start when it's hot. Or, maybe for this it was the ECT because I change the ECT and repair the wire and everything go fine. I still was the P1255 and the U1735-38 but the is running. I can at lease run it. Thank you.

Archived