CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

passenger heat/cool is operating backwards

Clint_M

Hi all, I am new to this forum so if I make an OOOPS please excuse me.

my question is.... on my 99 Deville I recently had the altenator changed. now the heat and cool on the passengers side operats backwards. when I lower the temp it blows hot air and when I increase the temp it blows cold air. the drivers side is just fine.

any help or advice is certainly welcome

Clint

well first of all welcome to the caddyinfo forum. I hope this forum helps you as it ha done so many.

Pull your codes from your instrument cluster and post them here. I am not great off the bat but turn the key on and look at your climate controls to the right of your cluster. press and hold the off and red warmer button for 5 seconds, everything will do a bulb check then all systems will post codes and status. pull codes and post them here, I would like to say most will be history as the battery was disconnected

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

This sure sounds like some vacuum hoses on the HVAC programmer are hooked up wrong under the dash. How that could happen while the alternator is being worked on is beyond me, but, once I found that five CD's were upside-down in the player in my trunk after my car had something else done, like new tires...

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Hello and thanks for the replies. Here are the codes :

PCM - P0603 - History

IPC - B1552 - History

ACM - B1312 - Current

ACM - B1341 - History

SDM - B1327 - History

TCS - C1255 - History

PZM - B1552 - History

PZM - B1558 - History

IRC, RFA, MSM, and MMM all said no code and the last thing was PCM?

So now what fellas? This all looks greek to me LOL!!

Thanks in advance for any help here.

Clint

P0603 Control Module Long Term Memory Reset

B1552 Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error

B1312 High Side Temp Sensor Open Circuit (CURRENT)

B1341 Air Mix Door Two Movement Fault

B1327 Vehicle system voltage below 9.0 volts

C1255 EBCM Internal Malfunction (ABS/TCS Disabled)

B1558 BCM EPROM Checksum Error

The zinger is B1327. You have a low or bad battery or a bad battery cable connection. When that happens, you can ignore all the other codes until you get the battery in good shape. Then, reset the codes and see what comes back.

The one CURRENT code, B1312, indicates that a connector is off of a sensor on an A/C Freon hose. Look near the firewall.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Guess I need to tighten the battery cable. I did have it disconnected briefly this morning. The battery is brand spanking new. I will do what you said and keep you posted. Thank you SOOOO much. I have an appointment scheduled to take the caddy to the mechanic next Thursday but the more I can learn about my caddy maybe the more I can do for my caddy and save myself a few bucks :) Thanks again.

Clint

The P0603 and B1552 are always set when you disconnect the battery. The rest, except the B1312, are likley caused by a low battery or bad cable that drops the voltage below 9 Volts when starting the car, and the B1327 is specifically telling you that this is happening. Maybe it just needs to be topped off with a trickle charger overnight.

P0603 Control Module Long Term Memory Reset

B1552 Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error

B1312 High Side Temp Sensor Open Circuit (CURRENT)

B1341 Air Mix Door Two Movement Fault

B1327 Vehicle system voltage below 9.0 volts

C1255 EBCM Internal Malfunction (ABS/TCS Disabled)

B1558 BCM EPROM Checksum Error

The zinger is B1327. You have a low or bad battery or a bad battery cable connection. When that happens, you can ignore all the other codes until you get the battery in good shape. Then, reset the codes and see what comes back.

The one CURRENT code, B1312, indicates that a connector is off of a sensor on an A/C Freon hose. Look near the firewall.

hello again

the low battery code was when my altenator died and it killed the battery, had a new altenator installed and I think that is when my AC got messed up. checked the sensors on the freon line, all the connections are good there.

I am still at a loss, I have it booked in at my local garage, hopfully they will figure it out.

thanks again for the advice

Anybody with specific information on where the A/C high side temperature sensor is on a 1999 Deville? This is a good time to share.

Archived