CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Parking assist

Hopefully I will take possession of our 08 DTS today. The car was damaged in transit and the front valance had to be replaced. The car has parking assist and I have read that there are sensors in that front bumper area. Can anyone explain any of this parking assistance thing to me so that I can test that the sensors are working?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Hopefully I will take possession of our 08 DTS today. The car was damaged in transit and the front valance had to be replaced. The car has parking assist and I have read that there are sensors in that front bumper area. Can anyone explain any of this parking assistance thing to me so that I can test that the sensors are working?

Jeff,

There are "4" sensors in the front bumper.

They are PROXIMITY SENSORS and they are connected to a panel of lights in the top center of the dash.

Probably the best way to test them will be to pull slowly up to a wall or another vehicle.

As you get closer one amber light will come on.

Closer still and the second and then the third amber light will come on...

A little bit more and the "RED" light will come on and then JUST A LITTLE BUT MORE and it will start blinking and beeping at you. :) :)

If it does all of that .. it is working properly.

You can check the parking sensors in the back bumper the same way.

The light panel is up over the rear window and you can see it in your rearview mirror.

PS... I was parked, heading into the curb the other day at Walgreens and a VERY LARGE lady came walking by the front of the car.

ALL of the lights lit up and it started beeping like crazy...

The car thought something was about to crash into me. :) :)

Posted Image

PS... I was parked, heading into the curb the other day at Walgreens and a VERY LARGE lady came walking by the front of the car.

ALL of the lights lit up and it started beeping like crazy...

The car thought something was about to crash into me. :) :)

That is hilarious! :D:D:P

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived