CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

caddys and snow

viva_che1363

WOW, I think I was at that SAC base in 1964 with my parents. My parents worked at the officer's club, the first morning we were thrown out of bed when about 30 B52's took off and flew directly over the motel we were staying at. Who knew we were at the end of the runway! It was quite a sight to hear and see 30 in a row about 200 feet over head with their 8 jet engines roaring... what a wake up call..

THAT would get the adrenaline pumping...:D

Posted Image

WOW, I think I was at that SAC base in 1964 with my parents. My parents worked at the officer's club, the first morning we were thrown out of bed when about 30 B52's took off and flew directly over the motel we were staying at. Who knew we were at the end of the runway! It was quite a sight to hear and see 30 in a row about 200 feet over head with their 8 jet engines roaring... what a wake up call..

THAT would get the adrenaline pumping...:D

I don't know much about the airforce, but I believe it still is a SAC base. It's quite a sight watching the B52s fly over head. We have an air show at the base every summer and you get to go up close and personal with them.

-Dusty-

2006 Cadillac DTS Glacier Gold Tri-Coat with 175,000 miles

1993 Cadillac Sixty Special Gold Mist with 185,000 miles

I must say My 96 Deville does great in the snow. The traction control is wonderful when it comes to accelerating and maintaining speeds. The handling is great also. I mean every vehicle has their limits which is common sense, but I can easily do at least the speed limit all the time, and my Deville haas all original suspension with just about 200000 miles on the odometer. No running behind for me lol

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

1010135ex.jpg

1010165.jpg

1010166u.jpg

My Fleetwood last year.

It actually gets around really well for a rwd one wheel wonder. I was worried about it after I bought it but it does great. It weighs alot and I even put railroad track sections in the trunk about another 300lbs for extra traction. I used to have a 84 cutlass that did horrible. It was lighter and no ABS is horrible. I remember having to shift into neutral to stop quickly in snow because the back brakes wont work otherwise.

My Deville DTS did good as well. I remember turning some corners on ice and remembering the car has that stability system where it detects if the car is fishtailing and uses the brakes to straighten it out. It was awful difficult to get that car to fishtail for more than 1 second. Only happened once if I remember right.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

My Deville DTS did good as well. I remember turning some corners on ice and remembering the car has that stability system where it detects if the car is fishtailing and uses the brakes to straighten it out. It was awful difficult to get that car to fishtail for more than 1 second. Only happened once if I remember right.

That Stabilitrak is a life saver. I loved it on my 02 Seville STS. I was hoping my 99 had it when I bought it, but it didn't. :wipetears

-Dusty-

I think that Stabilitrak is standard with all the Touring packages. I would have thought that it would be standard, or at least on all the showroom models, of the Devilles by 1999. Electronic stability control has turned out to be one of the most important auto safety innovations ever according to statistics on accidents; I read that it saves more lives than seat belts and air bags combined. The NTSC probably requires it on all cars sold in the US by now.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I think that Stabilitrak is standard with all the Touring packages. I would have thought that it would be standard, or at least on all the showroom models, of the Devilles by 1999. Electronic stability control has turned out to be one of the most important auto safety innovations ever according to statistics on accidents; I read that it saves more lives than seat belts and air bags combined. The NTSC probably requires it on all cars sold in the US by now.

I was hoping it would have been standard by then too, but it wasn't. I don't even think the next generation was standard either right away. I know the 97 Seville STS was the first to have it, but I'm not sure which ones had it standard in the late 90s, but I know all the touring ones had it standard from 2000 and on.

I really want to get a vehicle with it on because I drive a lot for my job (about 600 miles a week) and when the roads are bad here, it would be nice to have something to help me out if I did start to slide. Don't get me wrong, I haven't had a bit of problems with my 99 Deville, but I like to have back-ups. ^_^

-Dusty-

The Stabilitrak on my car has saved me a couple of times...

One time from a REALLY BAD accident...

If not for Stabilitrak... there is a possibility I would not be here today.

That's scary to think about, Jim. It's a good thing you had it then! I know my father-in-law a few years ago borrowed my STS and he slid on the ice a little bit next to a semi and it corrected his path. He asked what the heck happened and I told him. He has wanted one with Stabilitrak ever since!

-Dusty-

Archived