CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2001 Eldorado - Fuel Level Sensor (Sending Unit)

hms200

Funny that i saw my 2002 venture mentioned in this post. My Fuel gauge is still broke. I just fill up every max 300 miles. I put ~60k. On it so that's alot of 300 mile fill ups. I am scared of working on fuel lines and gas tanks. Maybe one day or if the fuel pump quits. I just cant justify it. Besides always keeping the tank full probably keeps the fuel pump cool, lubricated, and healthy.

Funny that i saw my 2002 venture mentioned in this post. My Fuel gauge is still broke. I just fill up every max 300 miles. I put ~60k. On it so that's alot of 300 mile fill ups. I am scared of working on fuel lines and gas tanks. Maybe one day or if the fuel pump quits. I just cant justify it. Besides always keeping the tank full probably keeps the fuel pump cool, lubricated, and healthy.

As long as you do not run the vehicle out of fuel, the fuel pump will remain cool and lubricated. It is running it out of fuel and then attempting to get the engine started one last time to get the vehicle down the road a few more feet that kills the pump.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

• 2 years later...

Archived