CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Need a couple pages from Helms manual for a 1997 Seville Blower circuit please

No codes displayed, but I'd like a schematic diagram to the blower circuit if anyone can help. The blower was intermittent for a few years, and now it only works when it wants to.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

I just spied this topic on the main page:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=34719

Maybe it will provide a little help.

Thanks

Okay, what would help is if someone can tell me what the signal wire "B" going to the blower is supposed to read. This would let me trouble shoot the motor to determine if this is where the problem lies.

Okay, I got this from a google search, I believe these are the correct pages, but I cannot read them.

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/cadillac-sls-1997-cadillac-sls-blower-motor-inop

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

Well I got the blower motor out and put 12v on c terminal, ground on a, and grounded b. Motor just wobbled back and forth slowly, so I put a power supply onto b with 1v, same thing, upped it to 4volts, same thing.

I guess the electronics inside of the blower are hosed. I didn't smell any burnt windings at any time, so that's my best guess. Onto a new blower motor I guess.

If anyone sees anything I missed, chime in please.

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

user posted image

• 2 weeks later...

I thought wire B is supposed to read 12V when the climate control module is calling for heat.

A is GRND and C is + and always hot from the battery.

I just fixed my problem by temporarily tapping a ground wire off the blower harness to a bolt on the firewall because the original GRND was pooched at some point between the blower and where it grounds but I was reading 12V @ the GRND.

A lot of people say that the car needs to be above a certain temp to spin the blower, but I have found that with the car still cold if you press the Windshield DEFROST button or ECON & HI fan it will start to blow and saves a minute or two.

Yeah thanks, I believe the 'b' terminal to be of variable voltage. I just need to know how to correctly identify the motor as the problem as opposed to the climate control computer. I have reason to believe that the computer may be bad, due to full cold on passenger side and full hot on driver side during the summer when the blower was working. I really don't want to replace a $160 motor and have it not work either, and I've tried a few 'variable' voltage scenarios already. I guess I can try putting 12v on it and see if it doesn't move the blower (or fry it) and further get an idea what I'm up against.

It would be helpful if anyone was so inclined, if someone would do a voltage check on a 'b' terminal on a '97 cadi and tell me what they have... I know that's a lot to ask though.

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

user posted image

• 2 weeks later...

wow, so many replies, it's hard to read through them all.

anyway, I replaced the blower for $215 tax and all, instead of the $185 from Rockauto.com, for tangeable purposes, and that solved the problem. thanks.

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

user posted image

Archived