CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Which NGK plugs for a 95 STS?

I've had issues with my ACDelco double platinum plugs. The tips keep falling off, I've done my plugs twice now and I have a miss again. It's been about 12k miles since my last plug change.

I heard on here that NGK was good, and I would like to replace my plugs. There are a couple different NGK plugs at AutoZone. There's a Platinum plug for $3 each or an Iridium for $6 each. There's also some Laser Iridium for $14 each but that is overkill.

What would you guys suggest that would be the most similar to the ACDelco spark plugs? Leaning towards the cheaper Platinum but I'm willing to do the Iridium as well.

Thanks!

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

I'm going to give the $3 Platinum plugs a try. I'll report back when I get a chance to install them :)

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

Mail those AC Delco plugs back to the manufacturer. They need to know.... you'll get replacements also..

that's a great idea, I'll do that. Thank you :)

Cheers!

I opted for the Platinum NGK plugs. Got them installed tonight since it was a warm 34F outside :)

Two of the ACDelco plugs were missing the platinum pucks on the tips. The tips also had a real light gray on them which I think is pretty normal.

Prior to changing the plugs, I had a slight miss at idle, a little bit of a lack of power, and a bad miss on acceleration and going up hills. It was bad enough to shake the car, and would go away when I would take my foot off the gas.

After changing the plugs, the idle is smooth. More power on acceleration. Driving on the freeway is pretty smooth, but maintaining speed going uphill I can feel a slight shake still.

Any ideas? Should I have used better plugs? The wires are less than two years old. I'll double check the plug wire routing also.

Cheers!

I personally would only go with the AC/DELCO 41-950's for your car... maybe you got some bad ones it canhappen check your warranty on the Delco's

look1-1-1.jpg

I personally would only go with the AC/DELCO 41-950's for your car... maybe you got some bad ones it canhappen check your warranty on the Delco's

That was the 2nd set of ACDelco plugs that I went through in less than 35k miles.

Cheers!

That seems odd, have you tried a different supplier?

yeah, it does seem pretty odd. The first set I ordered from rockauto.com and the second set I picked up locally here. I've seen other people mention issues with ACDelco plugs on the forum here too tho.

Cheers!

Archived