CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

First things first check the system grounds...wiper motor and the cicuit board. Then if all that is good the switch may be the culprit,do you have a multimeter?

look1-1-1.jpg

Wipers only work in Mist,Lo,Hi & wash- delay not working-wipers will not move out of park when delay is selected. Wipers stop in mid cycle ( Lo/Hi ) when delay is selected. Please advise Thanks

You have a 91 deville DTS? Ah, hmm, not familiar with that model. Seems to remind me of looking at used car ads for Devilles listed as DTS trim when it was either never available or if you really know what it means you can easily tell that deville is no DTS. Atleast 2000-2005 non DTS trim cars you could make "clones" but before that you are just far off base and arent fooling anyone.

As for your problem. Wiper circuitry from GM was poor in the early 90s. I worked at a parts store and sent out wiper electronic boards for GM trucks atleast once a week.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Here in Canada wiper motors are reasonably priced new or rebuilt, however those silicone encased circuit boards are hideously expensive and a dealer item only. I think that if you could browse the bone yard you'd likely come out with one bearing the same type of problems...

look1-1-1.jpg

Wipers only work in Mist,Lo,Hi & wash- delay not working-wipers will not move out of park when delay is selected. Wipers stop in mid cycle ( Lo/Hi ) when delay is selected. Please advise Thanks

You have a 91 deville DTS? Ah, hmm, not familiar with that model. Seems to remind me of looking at used car ads for Devilles listed as DTS trim when it was either never available or if you really know what it means you can easily tell that deville is no DTS. Atleast 2000-2005 non DTS trim cars you could make "clones" but before that you are just far off base and arent fooling anyone.

As for your problem. Wiper circuitry from GM was poor in the early 90s. I worked at a parts store and sent out wiper electronic boards for GM trucks atleast once a week.

Deville Touring Sedan was offered 91-93 became Deville Concours in 94 Thanks for info on electronic boards.

Archived