CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ABS Brake light on after Jasper reman engine R/R

tm8272

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Need advice or suggestions on having several issues, my ABS brake light on after I picked up my car from local garage after they replaced my old engine with a Jasper reman engine. I pulled codes and got a T023 after I got car home. Also have Traction Disabled on dash. The "Traction Disabled" light was on when I dropped car off. It was on since last year. Dealer said I needed a Right front wheel sensor and gave me estimate of 900.00! I put it off since it didnt seem to effect driving and there was NO ABS Brake light on at all until I picked it up after engine replaced!

I had a local shop that is Jasper approved installer put in a Jasper reman engine. I debated a year with my car in my garage as to replace engine or scrap car and get another one after head gasket went last year. So I went to pick up car Wed, day before Thanksgiving. As they were going over the bill it said they replaced a "knock sensor" 79.00. Also replaced 3 motor mounts for 135.00. I also had them do the installation kit that Jasper recommends, spark plugs, wires, water pump and belt and upper and lower radiator hoses, thermostat and radiator cap, Pcv valve, fuel filter and oil. They did charge me extra for the knock sensor and motor mounts. They gave me back a New serpentine belt and air filter and noted it on paperwork, saying "customers looks new". They also noted on paperwork "Needs vac purge solenoid tube- dealer part only- siliconed it for now but will need replaced. 135 and 37. I told the shop that my ABS brake light was NOT on when car was dropped off. I told them I would Never drive a car with ABS brake light on! They said they pulled codes and didnt get any codes only a few History codes. I asked them to check the brake fluid and they did. I thought maybe it is related to the "rt front Wheel Sensor" the dealer said I needed last year. So I paid the bill and told them I would check it out. I got home and pulled a "T023" code CURRENT. In the Service Manual it says to replace the "Wheel sensor and hub" first. So I took it in to Sears yesterday and they replaced the Right front Wheel speed sensor/hub unit for only 186.00. ABS Light still on!! Frustrating!! I cleared codes and it came back on. I drove car home and noticed it seemed sluggish and sitting at lights sounded like a knock in engine or possibly catalyst converter!! Battery was down to when I went to start it at Sears when I left. So put a battery charger on it when I got home and noticed antifreeze on ground on passenger side of engine. Also noticed the pulley wheel on passenger side toward bottom of engine was wobbling as engine was running!! Very very upset and disappointed. I have waited til now to calm down to call shop to have my temper cool down a little. My first thought was to call a Jasper engine rep to come and inspect engine and demand they replace it with another one! My old engine sounded better except for rough idle because of head gasket. Dont expect to spend this kind of money and have all these issues!! Very frustrating to say the least!! I will call shop now and tell them about the antifreeze leak and pulley wobble and tell them they need to go over engine to check and inspect for issues and resolve including antifreeze leak or I will call Jasper and demand a NEW engine. Not a Happy camper!

To give them the benefit of doubt, maybe my catalyst converter is clogged that caused the clogged feeling when I stepped on engine to accelerate from 30mph to 55?? Dont know but it didnt seem sluggish with old engine before this reman. This shop has been in business for 28yrs and they also run race cars and were rushed at the holiday with lots of vehicles but I dont expect to pay them 75.00 an hour to go over engine to see if they missed something. I will call them now and take car into shop. These are my issues: 1) leaking antifreeze

2) pulley wobbling on bottom passenger side

3) sitting at idle engine has a KNOCK noise that wasnt there with old engine

4) ABS brake light on when I picked car up that wasnt on when it was dropped off

5) battery drain somewhere that was an issue before replacing engine.

6) Low power or engine seems clogged or catalystic converter clogged? Not sure how to check for cloged coverter.

I guess one thing at a time!! Hope I didnt make the wrong decision to replace this engine. I'm this far into this and need to finish it. Cant afford to dump car after putting 6700.00 into it with engine R/R. I will post an update on shop comments later. Thanks for any advice in advance.

wow thats what I call commitment, After that much money it better run like new or I would be leaving it where the money went without payment. Definately keep us posted on this, Did they perform test drives after completing the job? seems not to me. any documenntation of problems that were present before job? thase are some things to think about

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I would have Jasper inspect that knock at idle

Low power are you getting CAT codes?

Any other Current codes?

Has the battery been disconnected since the knock sensor to let it go through a relearn?

Check the wiring at the RF wheel to see if it was damaged during the R&R

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived