CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1998 eldorado limit to 90 mph ..exp 113

I just bought this car ,and it's my first one. The dash warns not to exceed 90 mph or 145 kmh ,and says exp 113

I read on this forun that you hold in the info button and the resety one and codes come up.I tried this but nothing showed up. I also read that the shocks might not be pumping up. This car rides nice I parked it unevenly to see if the shocks would level it like the early eightys did. Nothing happened. I also saw where to save money you can get after market shocks,I don't know what to look for.should there be an air hose going to them? What does exp 113 usually mean?

Neil

Usually this means that a trouble code is set, and the car is limiting the top speed because stability might be compromised with the trouble code set.

The EXP 113 suggests this is an export model and the error message is code 113.

Usually this type of warning involves an electronic suspension issue.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Usually this means that a trouble code is set, and the car is limiting the top speed because stability might be compromised with the trouble code set.

The EXP 113 suggests this is an export model and the error message is code 113.

Usually this type of warning involves an electronic suspension issue.

Thank you, Yes this car is an export model .I'm here in Canada. I'm making an appointment with the Cadillac dealer to get a written estimate of parts and labor,then if need be I'll take the car to my friend who has a mechanic shop 350 miles away and leave it with him as his labor rates are just 45 per hour.I ordered all the dealer mechanic service manuals on ebay a few days ago so I can let my freind have them for working on the car..Hopefully it will be that the shocks have been replaced with aftermarket ones and nothing to worry about.I never drive 90 mph or anywhere near it..

Neil

Sounds like a good plan. Likely the shocks are original ones and just are not responding electronically any more. New struts/shocks and a electronic module from the replacement shock people to report all is well to the PCM and your car should ride as well as when new and not show an error message every startup.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived