CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

battery terminal was loose...repaired..whole car shut down

Louis Silva

The battery cable connections are tricky due to the multiple wires coming in. Clearly if you are getting no power after a cable or terminal repair then you still do not have a good connection. Take the assembly apart, clean all the connections, and reassemble ensuring that you have a snug fit and good contact with the cables and terminal post.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Maybe it was only the earlier models, but I recall some of them having a spacer between the two cables and without it contact was lost. Just something to look into.

Maybe it was only the earlier models, but I recall some of them having a spacer between the two cables and without it contact was lost. Just something to look into.

You are correct ranger. separate the cables in the res jacket by pulling them up through the red jacket so you can see both sodes of each connectors on each of the two heavy cables. Also make sure the bolt that connects into the battery had good threads that it screws in nice & tight once you put everything back together. that bold is sold in auto parts stores.

the safest way to work on a battery is to disconnect the ground first, and to connect it last. Don't forget to make sure all the connections are good & tight on the grounds also. Hopefully this fixes the issue otherwise you will need to get under the car, check the connections on the alternator & starter, and make sure the cable is not compromised with corrosion by any splits or cracks in the cable.

Not an issue with '98 - '04 Sevilles (and 2000 - 2005 Devilles) where the battery is under the rear seat.

The original poster supplied too few details for me make any recommendations. I have more questions than answers!!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived