CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Brake lights

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The third brake light in the Seville is a known issue for burning out. The burnout usually starts on the left side and works it's way over to the right (Driver side to passenger side). You will have to replace it. Contact Logan who can sell you a replacement cheap. You can find him on this board.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Is there any way to fix the problem myself I didn't know the lights were that complicated.

I't s all LED's and electronics in those lights. After you repair it, you have to vacuum seal the lights. Leave it to a professional who has the right tools for the job, Logan.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Can I take it to a shop to get it to a Gm dealership to get it sealed cause I have a spare set of lights from a parts car.

I don't think a dealership can seal the light. Better you buy one from Logan. The dealership will try to sell you a new one at $300 a piece. Logan's price is much lower.

Hey Joe  What can I do with that part number? I don't understand what you mean. And Markia I don't want to send my stuff through the mail I don't trust it. Call me old fashiond....

The part number is what you take to the dealership and they get the part out of stock and sell it to you for $300 to $600, depending on where you live.

I believe, and I hope Logan will correct me if I'm wrong, but he may have a part swap system available. You need to contact Logan for further details or check his website at:

http://www.logandiagnostic.com/

Logan is very honest and does top grade work. Everyone who has bought from him is super pleased with the results. Call me old fashioned but word of mouth recommendations are what I like to know about.

I gleaned this information from the Logan Diagnostic site:

Logan Diagnostic has several options to save you money!

Option 1- You ship your taillight to Logan Diagnostic where it will be rebuilt and shipped back to you, usually within two business days. The price of the rebuild, including shipping and insurance is $149.00. We strongly recommend that you insure your shipment to us. If you live in Nashville or the Middle Tennessee area, we will remove your taillight and install a rebuilt taillight in exchange for your burned out one. This takes about 20 to 25 minutes.

Option 2- Logan Diagnostic will ship you a rebuilt taillight. In turn, you return your burned out taillight to us for credit. The price for this service is $149.00 plus a core charge of $75.00, for a total of $224.00. When we receive your burned out taillight, you will be credited $75.00. Please note: We cannot accept damaged housings. You must also insure your shipment to us.

Option 3- Logan Diagnostic will ship you a rebuilt taillight outright, no core charge. The cost for this service is $224.00, including shipping and insurance.

Alright then does that free shipping and insurence include shipping to Canada? Or is there an extra charge?

I would suggest that you go to the Logan Diagnostics website and send him an e-mail asking all the questions you intend to ask. He will be more than happy to answer you or perhaps, if he sees this thread and if the sun and moon are in correct alignment with Mars, he'll post his responses here and answer all your questions until your hearts' delight. ;):lol:

Just kidding, Logan!!! :P

Sorry for the delay, I was in Michigan this past weekend..

Yes, the shipping does include Canada. We use FedEx ground to get into Canada. Its much faster then the USPS. FedEx G is perhaps 8-10 days, USPS is maybe 6-8 weeks. Canada is perhaps the hardest county to ship in to due to customs. Into Canada you will have to pay some taxes.

The logandiagnostic site has been around since '97. I actually have a newer site for the brakelights that shows whats available and whats not etc and why...

Seville, STS, Catera, Escalade, Acura NSX, CTS

THE NEW LED BRAKELIGHT SITE:

http://www.ledfix.com

I live in Ottawa, Canada and Logan looked after getting me a light replacement with no issues about three years ago. It was beyond my expectations as the light bar was just like new with all the appropriate fastening hardware and clear instructions. It is still working fine to this day and Logan went out of his way to ensure that I received the light by following up with me. He also provides very safe and secure packaging for the light assembly which I was able to use to send back my original light to him for the credit. You will be in good hands, give him a call. :)

I had absolutly no idea that these lights were so complicated.Why did they make them this way? They should just be made so that when the bulb burns out you go to a car place get a new one and replace it. I think I will have to give you a call but I would like to know why there so complicated? Thanks for all the help.

Hey Logan If you wouldn't mind I was wondering if I could putm up a topic to ask the other member's what they think of your work? Because It's this thing that I have about sending things through the mail. Oh ya and how do you do the shippment do I send you the money or how does all that process work?

Thanks.

Ummm..your potential 1 sale means nothing to us...its not worth a posting. We currenly are shipping some lamps to Europe. We stay plenty busy.....

Hey Logan If you wouldn't mind I was wondering if I could putm up a topic to ask the other member's what they think of your work? Because It's this thing that I have about sending things through the mail. Oh ya and how do you do the shippment do I send you the money or how does all that process work?

Thanks.

You have either not been reading the posts in this thread where people have already told you Logan is trustworthy and his work is excellent or, you are a newsgroup TROLL. :angry:

Logan ships by FEDEX to Canada. You too can ship by FEDEX to the USA, if you feel that uncomfortable about shipping something by post. Read the posts in this thread. All the information you seek is in them.

I had absolutly no idea that these lights were so complicated.Why did they make them this way? They should just be made so that when the bulb burns out you go to a car place get a new one and replace it. I think I will have to give you a call but I would like to know why there so complicated? Thanks for all the help.

Complicated? Do you know WHY they use LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes). LEDs light up quicker compared to ordinary bulbs, thereby giving the guy behind you more time to stop before he ends up in your trunk. As a matter of fact if you look at the new Caddy's you will notice that they have LEDs on the corner stoplights and not just on the trunk. Safety first. You are driving an 11 year old car things wear out in time and are problematic and expensive to repair.

You have options, if you are really bothered by this take the car to a body shop and have the LEDs removed altogether, fill the space and re-paint the trunk, the complicated lights are now gone and you can stop moaning about them. Better yet do nothing about them at all, you still have stop lights, cut the wire so they don't light at all instead of partially and it will be less obvious that you have a problem. OR as DON said, fix it yourself, solder in new LEDs, it won't be as good as Logan's but it would be fixed, oh but it was you who said you don't have a clue wasn't it, so I guess that is not an option for you...

I think he should just sell or give away the caddy to someone that understands what owning a Cadillac is all about and entails. Like Bob D said in another post "Cadillac and cheap don't go together"... something to that effect. Perhaps a 1980 Caprice Classic is more your speed. Parts are simple, uncomplicated, and overly abundant.

These people are here to help and they've had some of the very issues you have. They just don't consistently question a gift horse at every turn. <_>

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived