CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Standard XLR Top Speed

Hello All,

Just a quick survey on how fast owners have driven their XLR [safe driving of course].

Especially interested in standard XLR. Any European owners topped out on the AutoBahn?

My guess is that the XLR was the first production 150+ MPH Cadillac.

I would think the XLR was speed limited to 155 mph, and would expect it to be able to do about that with the top up. The 06-09 XLR-V likewise got a 155 mph limiter.

In general, the speed limiter for Cadillacs are set based on the type of tires that came with the car from the factory. A 150/155 mph limiter has been frequent on performance models.

The 2004 Cadillac CTS-V was apparently limited to 163 mph, and could do so on a good day. The newer 2009-11 CTS-V manual can do 191 mph, which would be the current fastest Cadillac.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I would think the XLR was speed limited to 155 mph, and would expect it to be able to do about that with the top up. The 06-09 XLR-V likewise got a 155 mph limiter.

In general, the speed limiter for Cadillacs are set based on the type of tires that came with the car from the factory. A 150/155 mph limiter has been frequent on performance models.

The 2004 Cadillac CTS-V was apparently limited to 163 mph, and could do so on a good day. The newer 2009-11 CTS-V manual can do 191 mph, which would be the current fastest Cadillac.

Yes, I was curious on actual experiences at top speed, stability, etc,. Some You Tube videos are out there showing an XLR-V car speedo indicating 260 km/hr [161 MPH] at 5800 rpm. Pretty Spectacular.