CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

programing a new key fob

Hi guys, i have a new key fob, can anyone please tell me how to progam it.

Hey check out this site. I have not tried it yet, so I cant guarantee it works, but worth looking into for programming FOB's for Caddy's. If you would, let me know if it works. Anyone who tries it, leave a post with your results.

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/cad98rke.html

Read here for how to do it without a Tech II.

Thats instructions on how to program a key. I think he wants info on how to program a Key Fob aka remote. No other way but to use a expensive TechII scanner for OBDII vechicles.

3100406887_808dbe1b91_m.jpg3100408453_191809e0a7_m.jpg

A Tech 2 is not required...

The instructions are in the service manual - they work. I just programmed a new remote for my STS the other day. Follow the link posted by Mr. Slimm and select the 1997 Eldorado, Seville, Deville link - that is the same procedure as in the shop manual. Even though the car in question is a 1998 Deville, the procedure should still work.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

98+ are OBD II and require a Tech II scanner. 97 and earlier ( OBD I) can be programed without the scanner. If you read the instructions in the link it will tell you 98+ vehicles need a Tech II scanner to program key fobs.

3100406887_808dbe1b91_m.jpg3100408453_191809e0a7_m.jpg

OBD-1 and OBD-2 is not the basis for the ability to program the remotes from the dash as '96 and up are OBD-2. The requirement for the use of the Tech-2 may have started with the 1998 model year.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived