CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Spare tire the size of a Donut

yenko

I am wondering why the spare tire in my 93 sts is so small. i would be humilliated to drive home with that thing on. For a 60,000 dollor car shouldn't there be a larger longer lasting spare tire that looks half decent.

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Those spares are only to get you short distances. In the old days you had a full size spare in the trunk that took up a third of the trunk and your luggage space was impinged on. Cadillac had a nice cover for it but it took up a lot of room in the trunk. Besides space, the smaller spare saves some weight. While you might me humiliated, it will still get you home, I would be humiliated if it was flat. Don't forget to check their pressure once in a while.

It may be small and somewhat humiliating, but it gets the job done. Like Scotty said, they are meant to be used for short distances. I used one for a week until I could buy new tires. I was certainly glad to see it back in the trunk, as I didn't like the way the transmission was acting.

Another issue that comes to mind is the probability of back injuries, cardiac arrests, even dirty clothes - with the resulting lawsuits et al.

All because "over-inflated" owners couldn't get the full-size spare out of the trunk.

Sorry :P

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Despite the multiple warnings regarding speed and mileage limitations the space saver spares are quite functional and will perform far beyond most normal expectations for a spare tire......

Had to use my space-saver spare for 5 days. More than 400 miles and some of that was Interstate miles.

Worked like a hose. At the time, I did not care about the "look".

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Yenko...

Humiliated?

You just ain't living!

Wish I would have HAD my camera yeaterday...I was driving on the east

side of cleveland...'80's vintage caddy passed me on Euclid ave...

get this...FOUR SPACE SAVERS SPARES...

It certainly had the look! ;)

Yenko...

Humiliated?

You just ain't living!

Wish I would have HAD my camera yeaterday...I was driving on the east

side of cleveland...'80's vintage caddy passed me on Euclid ave...

get this...FOUR SPACE SAVERS SPARES...

It certainly had the look! ;)

:lol: LOL :lol:

It's th new look.....quick, everyone go out and buy spares!

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I am wondering why the spare tire in my 93 sts is so small. i would be humilliated to drive home with that thing on. For a 60,000 dollor car shouldn't there be a larger longer lasting spare tire that looks half decent.

$60,000 car??? where did you arrive at that estimate? Your '93 when new had a sticker price around $37,000.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

[$60,000 car??? where did you arrive at that estimate? Your '93 when new had a sticker price around $37,000.

I've still got the window sticker from my '93 STS.

Lets see..."Standard Vechicle Price": $42,740.00 .

As delivered with options : $47, 227.00.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Hey Bob D.

Are those z-28 style stainless tips on your ride? I am looking at a set of those on E-bay for my STS right now to add to the end of the Dynomax mufflers I will be installing. The guy wants $52.00 for a pair, good deal you think? Anyway, yours look sweet in your photo! :blink:

Hey Bob D.

Are those z-28 style stainless tips on your ride? I am looking at a set of those on E-bay for my STS right now to add to the end of the Dynomax mufflers I will be installing. The guy wants $52.00 for a pair, good deal you think? Anyway, yours look sweet in your photo! :blink:

Yep. As I remember, they weren't cheap either. ;) Well worth it though, I think the rectangular look fits the body geometry much better than what was stock for those years.

They also went on the business end of 2.5 in Dynomax SuperTurbos.

Great combo.

user posted image

[$60,000 car??? where did you arrive at that estimate?  Your '93 when new had a sticker price around $37,000.

Ok I was $10 grand low but my point was his '93 was NEVER a $60K car. :lol:

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

[$60,000 car??? where did you arrive at that estimate?  Your '93 when new had a sticker price around $37,000.

Ok I was $10 grand low but my point was his '93 was NEVER a $60K car. :lol:

No duh... ;)

Yeah, I'd say that price was just a leeeetle bit inflated. :blink:

user posted image

Hey!! buddy Im canadian witch would mean that is in canadian funds Im sorry i didn't specify that, I didn't know someone would get so worked up about somthing like that (sounds like pms if you ask me).

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Hey!! buddy Im canadian witch would mean that is in canadian funds Im sorry i didn't specify that, I didn't know someone would get so worked up about somthing like that (sounds like pms if you ask me).

ah, HA!!

Ease up yenk, we're just having some fun. (At your 60K Canadian exspense, LOL)

It helps to have a sense of humor to survive this forum. ;)

Just ask that old grouch bbobynski....

user posted image

The only real raeson I posted this topic was because I couldn't think of any thing else to say. I really don't care how large the tire actually is. Now I am trying to find the exact price of my car (canadaian funds).

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Archived