CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac CTS-4 SW a performance surprise

I actually drove around for a couple of days with the thing in just drive wondering what all the hype was about. The CTS-4 handled well enough to surprise me, but the engine seemed to be lacking a bit. Shifts were smooth, but slow. It seemed as if the only shift that six-speed automatic could make was a luxury shift.

Normally, I would have put up with this and just figured it was the luxury version and not as much fun to drive as I had hoped. Then I found the sport shift mode. A simple cruise through the owner's manual, a look at the instrument cluster and then a nudge of the shifter over to the sport side and I had just found the fun button.

Now the car would hold r.p.m. in a corner giving me great control. The AWD system that was transparent as a luxury car stayed transparent as a performance car. The fixed ratio between front and rear torque split meant that I could get the nose to start to push out with just a bit of extra throttle.

Read more: http://www.thestarphoenix.com/cars/Cadillac+performance+surprise/3641958/story.html

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube