CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

fuel rail recall, I knew it.

sammi

I thought they were suppose to replace it regardless. I spoke to the dealer yesterday and they are a little upset that GM is only giving them 1 hour to do the job when it takes about 2 hours to actually do the job, maybe thats got something to do with it. I can't imagine that they would not do the recall considering the liability if the car burned up 6 months later.

According to the recall, they are required to replace the fuel line IF it is one of the "problem type" parts. The recall requires them to inspect the line for presence of particular markings. If the fuel rail does not have these markings, it is not part of the affected recall, and does not need replacement. If they cited "it's not leaking" as reason for not replacing it, that's not good enough. Take it back to them. You can even print out a copy of the recall instructions yourself (search this forum for the link).

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

According to the recall, they are required to replace the fuel line IF it is one of the "problem type" parts. The recall requires them to inspect the line for presence of particular markings. If the fuel rail does not have these markings, it is not part of the affected recall, and does not need replacement. If they cited "it's not leaking" as reason for not replacing it, that's not good enough. Take it back to them. You can even print out a copy of the recall instructions yourself (search this forum for the link).

Jason,

If the fuel rail has GM213M TYPE F or M-BOND in yellow or white ink, it does not require replacement. If it has no markings, it requires replacement.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived