CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Noise in the front end

silversmoke

I also have a noise in the front end going over bumps at low speed but mine is only on the left side. I think that a stabilizer mount may be loose but have not had time to look. Having struts replaced tomorrow :angry: and plan to get it checked out then

I am interesting in how much your struts cost and if you see an improvement, please report back on your experience. I also have 60K and feel my struts have been shot since 50,000 miles but I have a 96. Thanks

Heading that way but was hoping to avoid the hassle.

Personally, if I had a 2005 and spent the doe on it, I'd be back, instantaneously :lol: without passing GO if it made ANY noises it wasn't suppose to make at all! :D

We recently purchased a 2002, GM Certified Monte Carlo, on the drive home I noticed a knocking over bumps not serious bumps either. What REALLY pissed me off is that it was GM Certified car that was suppose to do be inspected with a fine tooth comb, they were to test drive it, and certify it as ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! That being the REASON I paid MORE for a GM Certified vehicle over a NON GM Certified vehicle ! :angry: Well it was back in the morning and it had something to do with a splign in the steering column that needed lube as the factory lube dries out. To add insult to injury there was a Service Bulletin on the problem. GM Certified should INCLUDE a search of the SBs IMHO!!!! But I'm an idiot. :blink:

Problem fixed, but not a fun experience....

With your situation? I'd be back in a flash, screaching to a halt doin' a F'N 360 donut, in their service department driveway entrance (and possibly through the sales department window depending upon how stressed I was from other things), at 7 AM, with the cops in tow, and the brakes smoking, as they were not broken in yet! I would not be asking POLITE questions on this board, YET, hoping to avoid a hassle, I'd be creating a hassle for someone, screaming about how the car has 25 miles on it and it has a NOISE, in the middle SALES DEPARTMENT with my arms in the air (and I am 6'5")!! You are TOO nice! :lol::lol::lol:

Come on back when you put a few miles on her and good luck with it! Tell us how you like it!

You said it :) I would walk in there, tell them it needs to be fixed, ask for a nice 2005 deville or something to drive while they fix yours. I prefer the direct approach though instead of the screaming and blasting approach.. mine would be kind of like..

walk into service dept, say i just bought a new CTS for whateveryoupaidforit and it has a NOISE In the front end.. Should a brand new car have noises? No. You need to fix it. Go get me a nice car to drive while you fix it and I don't want it back until it's perfect.

Heh.. that's just how I am i guess.. but then if they don't do what I want, I make it their problem. When i bought my 99 it was a gm certified car and I found 50 little things wrong with it when I got it.. wtf? i had them do tons of repair on it (at least it had few thousand miles left on factory warranty). But that's not the point.. they should have fixed it before I got it. These cars are not cheap.. If I paid 2k for it would be different

Heh.. that's just how I am i guess.. but then if they don't do what I want, I make it their problem.  When i bought my 99 it was a gm certified car and I found 50 little things wrong with it when I got it.. wtf? i had them do tons of repair on it (at least it had few thousand miles left on factory warranty).  But that's not the point.. they should have fixed it before I got it.    These cars are not cheap.. If I paid 2k for it would be different

While much of the above was said in jest, I myself tend to get upset first, I know, I know, its wrong, I look like an A-hole, its not polite, its not good for your health, etc, etc.

BUT, when you expect a firm to say what they mean and mean what they say when they say CERTIFIED, NEW and PREPPED, it gets me crazy! Don't BS me and tell me its perfect and its Certified because its clean looking and you didn't even lift the HOOD or DRIVE it, what do I look like a jerk that wants to spend more money for CERTIFIED only to bring it back for service the next day? Look at you finding 50 problems on a Certified car, how do you and I feel about buying ANOTHER GM Certified car, I can tell you I will be more careful. Service, quality control and real customer care has gone out the window, its LIP service. And I am not directing this at GM its everywhere.

And do you know what, this LACK of attention to details, I have come to believe is an OPPORTUNITY for someone to come in and do better and win my allegiance.

Maybe I should save my health, not get upset and stop expecting the BEST and start expecting the WORST.... its easier

Archived