CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Tooling along at an indicated 113 mph on a reliably untraveled rural route, a trunk chock full of groceries and some very weird Deep Tracks on the radio, I finally came to peace with the Cadillac CTS.

For it was with the extra room of the automobile's more-than-a-little-Batmobile-styled Sport Wagon variation and the added confidence of all-wheel drive that I casually ran the cajones out of the CTS, running the V6 up to about 6,400 rpm and feeling entirely safe and confident.

Finally, CTS's oddly futuristic, hyper-angular looks, its luxurious interior and all those attributes everyone else gushed about finally clicked for me. And the extra bulk of a full-blown wagon made the CTS seem a little bit more “there,” if you know what I mean.

And while the CTS's not-unreasonable 304 horsepower could always be happily supplanted by the mind-blowing roar of the V-model's 556 horses (the wagon and the Corvette engine do not quite intersect, at this point), the wagon's standard motor still provides plenty of spark. Mix in the all-season utility of all-wheel drive and you've got a pretty nice mix.

Read More: http://www.summitdaily.com/article/20100925/NEWS/100929879/1078&ParentProfile=1055

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube