CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Memory Seats Going Nuts

coolnesss

My 2002 ETC's memory seat is going crazy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It almost never goes to the "exit" position. Recently, the seat pushed itself way back and reclined the seatback when I got in the car. It did that a couple of times in two days, and has now gone back to the correct position after I reset it. But the exit doesn't work.

I have MSM B2118 and 2119 history codes.

Can I scare this back into submission?

THANKS

B2118 Front Vertical Sensor Failed

B2119 Lumbar Forward/Aft Sensor Failed

These codes are sometimes set when you run the lumbar or height motor against the stops, which it is apparently doing by itself lately. This problem sounds like a battery voltage problem. You can clear that out by making sure that both battery terminals are clean and tight and the battery is fully charged.

You can read the battery voltage on the Driver Information Center using the Information buttons. Set it so that you read it all the time. When you get in the car in the morning, it should read 12 Volts or a little higher before you start the car. Right after you start the car it should be 10.6 Volts or higher, and it should go to 13.5 Volts within in a second or two after the car starts. If the voltage is quite variable, the battery cables are loose.

Another thing you can do in case the MSM data is bad is reset the "1" and "2" settings (you will need both fobs) and the "Exit" positions.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived