CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Center Console Shifter Lights - Part Numbers HERE!

davedog

Noticed on my 13+ hour trip to our vacation this year that the lights that light up the numbers/letters around the center console were not lighting up anymore. Kinda odd IMO considering this car is only 5 years old but whatever.

The reason for this post is to help YOU find replacements since it took some detective work to track down. The parts department at the local Cadillac dealership could not simply 'look up' the part because it 'wasn't on any list'. The parts guy had have my original bulb, then go through a bunch of drawers holding my bulb up to bulbs he had in stock. They only had one in stock, and I needed two (one bulb was totally out, the other bulb work was on the way out - there are two total bulbs that light up the center console.

The GM part number for this bulb is 9198599 at a cost of $1.66

Since I needed another bulb I headed to my local AutoZone, even though they didn't list anything on their website. Found what I needed!

Sylvania 74 LL Bulbs - come in a pack of 2 for $4.99 - so for once the dealership had a better deal....bought them anyway.

FYI....the bulbs are 14 volts, 1.4 watts

hope this helps someone....and hope you never have to do this job....the center console is 'fun' to remove. Did it while on vacation though....so was nice to do with the sound of the waves in the background as opposed to in my garage....call me crazy...

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Archived