CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My rear power sunshade quit working all of a sudden. It's in a 2007 DTS. I have removed all the interior panels and it looks like you can't get to any thing unless you drill out some rivets. It was working fine and I went to show a buddy how it works, but you just hear the relay click ( or something), but nothing happens. I had just lowered it a couple of hours earlier. Can anybody give me some info on this? Thank you.

Shouldn't your car be under warranty? If so, I'd take it to the dealer and let them fix it. If it is not under warranty, someone with an 07 service manual will need to comment.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Shouldn't your car be under warranty? If so, I'd take it to the dealer and let them fix it. If it is not under warranty, someone with an 07 service manual will need to comment.

I think I am over on all warranty except the powertrain warranty. I have 70K miles on it. Please let me know if I'm wrong , I would love for it to be covered.

I think I am over on all warranty except the powertrain warranty. I have 70K miles on it. Please let me know if I'm wrong , I would love for it to be covered.

Nobody has any insight?

Have you trued gently tugging on it while someone else pushes the button to raise it?

It may be stuck or in a bind, somehow.

Thank you Texas Jim. I did try that, to no benefit. It is stuck in the up position, and I tried to gently push it down while someone pushed the button.

Archived