CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

98 sls service engine soon light on.

My service engine light is on and i pulled the codes. P0171 and 174. It say's fuel trim system lean on bank 1 and bank 2. How can i fix this problem. Please help. Thsnks. I had a new used motor put in, in the begining of this year and have had this problem ever since. It doesn't run bad, a little rough at times but not for long at all. I replaced 2 oxygen sensors and that didn't fix problem, is there a problem with the pellum.

My service engine light is on and i pulled the codes. P0171 and 174....I had a new used motor put in, in the begining of this year and have had this problem ever since.....is there a problem with the pellum.

Your year of engine does not use what GM calls a plenum seal, but you do have a vacuum leak somewhere on the intake system. Triple check all the vacuum connections at the throttle body; you might be able to hear the vacuum leak by probing around using a piece of rubber hose as a stethoscope. Be sure to include the power brake booster in your testing.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !