CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Found a new feature on my car today

JIMDTS

I stopped at HomeDepot today on the way home from work to pick up 6 2"x 10"s

Well I was going to just dangle them out the window to my surprise When I opened the trunk I see it had a pass through under the rear arm rest I had the Deville just about 2 years and never noticed it. I was glad today they all just fit in the pass through so it all fit iiside the trunk and rear seat area you shoud have seen the look on my neighbors face when he seen me pulling out those 2x8"s out of the trunk He was looing at me really funny..As many times as I been in the trunk I never noticed it before..I guess you learning something new every day..

Cheers

Jim

Hey Jim,

that funny!

One reason I bought my STS was so I could get snowboard in through the trunk.

Only downside, my snowboard won't fit... hole too small!

Last time we went to New York sking, I had to hide my snowboard in the

backseat so I wouldn't have to listen to the wife about how I bought the

car for that feature and the snowboard wouldn't fit. She never knew! LOL :lol:

Last week I went to HomeDepot and got 10 pieces of 1/2"x10' rebar. The man at the check out saw what I was driving and said "No way". I told him to watch. The pass through is great. Just have to cover the center area with a cloth.

When I heard that the 98+ STS's had a pass-through I was thinking of one of those where half the back seat comes out! I guess I've only used mine to put the tool handles through when I hit the cemeteries on Memorial Day; but it is a useful feature.

Hi Everyone

Cadking too bad your snowboard don't fit it's a small pass through but it came in handy with the 2 x 8"s. Probably designed for ski's or fishing rods..

Or for items like Dasher and I managed to stuff in there..Dasher I used the rear floor mat to cover the top of the arm rest it worked in a pinch..

Cheers

Jim

CadiKing--I hate that pass through!! I can't fit my snowboard in there either! Every Cadillac I get, the trunk gets smaller and smaller. I had a 90 Deville and I could put 3 snowboards in the trunk. Then I had the 93 STS and I could put 1 snowboard in the trunk but now I am down to none! Oh well, I wish the seat would fold like the CTS.

Max

Archived