CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

sunroof liner thingie

davedog

Below is a picture of the interior of my caddy, you will notice a red arrow pointing to that thing you can pull out to block the sun (sun visor???). Anyway, my problem is that ever since I have had this car the beige liner material is sagging in the middle of this pull-out-viser thingie. The rest of the headliner is fine, but on this visor it's starting pull apart.

Is there a quick fix for this? Please tell me I don't have to pull out the ENTIRE HEADLINER. <_>

Anyway, as you can see by the picture, you can't tell when the thingie is pushed back, but it still bothers me. ;)

Thanks

-dave B)

P6090024.JPG

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

According to my service manual (which is for model year 1994), the thingie is called a "sunshade".

The good news is you do not have to take the entire headliner out of the car. The bad news us you have to take the sliding glass panel out! The sunshade then comes upward and out of its track.

I've had mine out and it isn't too difficult to do BUT you will need to follow the service manual's procedure for re-timing the motor drive or the glass panel won't automatically stop at the right places (open, closed, etc.).

Once the sunshade is out of the car, it should be a relatively easy (and inexpensive) fix at an upholstery shop.

If you don't have access to a service manual, E-mail your fax number to me at chris.darwin@adelphia.net and I'll fax you the pertinent pages.

We gotta keep that gorgeous Eldo looking GOOD, man! :rolleyes:

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Here's an idea: Maybe try making a small incision in the middle of the sag and spray some 3M trim adhesive in there using the pointy attachment to spray all around and then carefully smooth it out.

According to my service manual (which is for model year 1994), the thingie is called a "sunshade".

The good news is you do not have to take the entire headliner out of the car. The bad news us you have to take the sliding glass panel out! The sunshade then comes upward and out of its track.

I've had mine out and it isn't too difficult to do BUT you will need to follow the service manual's procedure for re-timing the motor drive or the glass panel won't automatically stop at the right places (open, closed, etc.).

Once the sunshade is out of the car, it should be a relatively easy (and inexpensive) fix at an upholstery shop.

If you don't have access to a service manual, E-mail your fax number to me at chris.darwin@adelphia.net and I'll fax you the pertinent pages.

We gotta keep that gorgeous Eldo looking GOOD, man! :rolleyes:

YUCK! <_>

I'd rather have to take out the headliner! :lol:

That sounds quite scary. My sunroof works PERFECT, no problems what-so-ever, i'd hate to screw it up.

Thanks for the pointers though, I'll look in my manual and see if I can't find what your talking about.

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Archived