CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

cd player

LACLUV

hi i have a 95 sedan deville and i jus installed a jvc head unit and i get a alternator wining noise from my speakers. i was wondering if any one else has ever had this problem. also would grounding the unit to the body make the noise go away....... thanks

Try a ground loop isolator. It may help suppress electrical noise from the alternator by filtering it out. They are usually not to expensive and are generally easy to install. Check to see if the radio or attached electronics are grounded properly. A bad ground is usually the cause of the noise your hearing. In some cases you may not be able to get rid of it entirely depending on where exactly it is coming from and how bad it is. I have a Yukon with an aftermarket head unit and got really bad electrical noise from the alternator. I've managed to make it much quiter but have not gotten rid of it entirely. I would suggest trying the ground loop isolator first. ;)

Do you have the factory Bose speakers?

When I replaced the factory CD player 4 years ago with a Kenwood 8015 player, the installer also installed " converter box" to get the Bose speakers to work with the Kenwood. Bose speakers each have their own amp (?) and need this converter.

ask your installer at the stereo shop.

I like the Kenwood upgrade and have had no problems with it - I use a head cleaner (get at any plce that sells CDs) and listen to CDs alot.

Archived