CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac’s CTS-V Coupe Makes German Rivals Look Like Taxis

Controversy can be a good thing, and there’s a fair bit of it surrounding the 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe, the new two-door version of the Caddy sedan with a 556-hp supercharged V8 forged in Mount Doom.

Is it better than a BMW M3 or Audi RS 5? Is it, or is it not, pathetic that Motor Trend and Car and Driver this month attempt to compare the CTS-V with these European performance coupes? Is the CTS-V’s styling – as angular as early Kraftwerk, a strange splintered diamond chip of a car – wonderful and heroic, or a fugly waste of photons?

I’ve just spent a week in the CTS-V and, while debate can be bracing and informative, I hereby invoke cloture. Here’s the cold-blooded, clear-eyed, un-debatable bottom line about the CTS-V:

Read More: http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2010/08/06/cadillacs-cts-v-coupe-makes-german-rivals-look-like-taxis/

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I really thought the buff books missed the point on this test also. If you want more room, obviously get the V Sedan. If you want the new WOW cool Coupe, you want THAT. Hard to work that desire factor into a comparo if you don't GET it.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived