CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

can someone please help...

tekfx19

Don't forget the possiblity of the sock on the pick up being clogged. If the accident jarred crud loose in the tank, that would be the first point to get clogged. That obviously would require tank removal also.

ok i went to start the car today after not starting it for like 2 days, and it started after about a 30 seconds of cranking, as if it got better and better and then finally turned on. i drove it around the block for a few minutes and everything was fine, then i turned it off and on, it worked fine. then it said check engine soon. So i turned off the car and checked the codes and i got some current pz 2471 i believe (im not sure if i remembered it correctly) and then i went to turn it on again, and it turned on, then died , then it went back to cranking and cranking. I realize when that happend that when i replaced the fuel filter, i hadnt turned the car on in at least a day and it started but then later died and wouldnt start. Maybe i have some sort of issue with the car not starting while hot.

Also incase i havent mentioned it before, or if it makes any difference, that when i removed the fuel filter and tried to crank the engine, i was expecting fuel to pump out of the line coming from the the tank but it didnt, is this supposed to happen? or is this any indication of something? thanks

Also incase i havent mentioned it before, or if it makes any difference, that when i removed the fuel filter and tried to crank the engine, i was expecting fuel to pump out of the line coming from the the tank but it didnt, is this supposed to happen? or is this any indication of something? thanks

I would expect with the fuel line disconnected at the fuel filter when the fuel system is pressurized by turning the key on or cranking, fuel should come gushing out. It is indicitive of a bad pump. In your case it surely seems to be intermittent.

ok i just bought another Fuel pressure regulator and put it on, it didnt solve the problem, i guess you guys are right when you said that maybe the fuel line before the filter is clogged. I cranked the car with the fuel filter unhooked on the out flow side and it seemed as if some fuel was coming out but not with any kind of pressure behind it, ............so final hypothesis, clogged line before the filter, or fuel pump not providing enough pressure. any feedback would be appreciated. thx

If the original FPR was leaking, you should see an improvement in milage depending on how bad the leak was. Personally, after what I have learned on this site I would stick with a Delco FPR. That's not to say that a "Sorenson" will not do the job. I have meantioned this before but it might be worth saying again. This is not from personal experience but on another site some time ago, some one said only buy "dumb parts" from AutoZone ie: filters, oil, coolant etc. They give lifetime warranty because the parts are very cheap (so they can afford lifetime warranty) and will likely fail. FWIW

Should i keep the new FPR? it costed 77bucks total from autozone, its not ac delco, its sorenson or something like that. I just want to know if my gas milage will go up if i keep the new one once the car is running again.

You can buy an AC Delco fuel pressure regulator from gmpartsdirect.com for $44 delivered...take the Autozone part back...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Well i had the car towed to a local ac delco certified mechanic around the corner, i didnt want to have to do it. He said he replaced the fuel pump assembly inside the tank 360 for the part and 130 for the labor, i know i have to have gotten ripped off. But i cant do anything now, its done. The car is running now but i get a pc0175 which I think is a "fuel system rich bank 2". Does anyone know how i can go about solving this problem? Thanks

Archived