CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Stereo questions..

unc25

I have been searching the archives for old topics on replacing the factory CD player and the more I read, the more I am confused. My 92 STS has the Factory Bose CD cassette radio and I am pretty sure all four speakers are amplified. I dont want to replace the speakers, just the head unit. But from what I have gathered, there is some controversy about whether I can or cant do this.

Also, is the antenna cable in the rear? When I removed the factory radio I didnt see the antenna hook up, but I read in the archives somewhere that they hinted at it being in the rear.

Now if the antenna is in the rear, then that would mean that I would have to run an extension in order to run an aftermarket CD player.

I searched, but the search only limits me to 100 posts, and I can only narrow it down so much.

Thanx a lot guys

Robert :ph34r:

A friend of mine who owns a 93 Seville had a local car stereo shop install an Alpine cd player in his car. The installation guy told him he did not have to replace the speakers because they were good enough. Sounded great until someone broke into his car and jacked the cd player. I don't think you will have a problem, but any good stereo shop can tell you. I am thinking of doing the same thing. Good luck.

Archived