CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

anybody use amsoil in thier cadillacs?

thebadguy

And you didn't have to sit through an Am-scam sales pitch?? :lol:

Do a search in the archives on this board as well as the old board on oil and read up. Pay particular attention to posts by "bbobynski"

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Hey can you get me some 10w-30 ? :)

I use amsoil in my car and it works fine. I chagre the oil about every 10k miles or so , usually the DIC says to change it about 6k and amsoil says 25k and they say their filters go to 12.5k and u change the filter once for the 25k but I really can't accept that.. the regular oil change interval in europe is almost 10k miles so I Just do that and it's fine (with synthetic).. Plus the amsiol doesn't burn off like mobile 1.. I ran outta amsoil and put in m1 and it burnt off 2 quarts in 1000 miles lol .. mobile 1 must be thinner.. I use amsoil ATF also. Got 100K miles on another vehicle with it with no problems but that doesn't mean much i guess :>

Nice, i sent away for a free amsoil catalog and came with a sticker, was flipping threw the litature and it looks good. 25-30k change intervals. at 8 bucks a quart, youd come out ahead on that. ill be researching it too. unless of course you post back some findings :) would you go the whole 25k without changing it, thats resetting the DIC a few times. they have fluids for everything too, im looking at the ATF

The max i'd go is 12k their fillters go 12.5k so they say and the oil goes 25k.. while that may be true, you are supposed to change the filter every 12k so i just go ahead anddd change the whole oil every 12k with the filter.. I just can't letttttt it sit in there for 25k .

My best freind owns a company and I have an endless free supply of amsoil 5w-30 synthetic. Just put it in two days ago! Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks,

thebadguy

So, you've been to bobistheoilguy.com website? Even the guys over there, sponsered by Amsoil, do not recommend 25K oil changes. They do like to see oil analysis results. They DON'T like to hear that a Northstar will go 300,000 miles on regular (not synthetic) oil. They also won't tell you whether amsoil is a true synthetic or not. In case you're wondering about that last one, Mobil1 is a commonly available true synthetic, most of the others are not. Amsoil is a good product, whether it is worth $8.00 a quart is another matter. Whether it is good for 25K OCI, well, that's subject to debate.

All that being said, you're getting a great deal on the stuff! Use it like it's free!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived