CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Emergency brake light comes on under hard accel...

unc25

As the topic states, Under hard acceleration the emergency brake light comes on. Is this a safety feature or something that I should look into? Just noticed it tonight and was kinda concerned. <_>

In the archives of this group, you will find that I had the exact problem.

Check your brake fluid level. It's probably low.

It turned out that I had a leak in the brake system, one of the valves on the line in the rear was leaking.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Check the brake fluid level.

To determine if you have a leak somewhere, the easiest way to do it and the way I did it was:

Find the largest/widest size of roll paper or construction paper you can find. Local art supply stores usually carry this type of product. Roll out sheets of paper the length of the car, tape together and then park the car on top of it making certain that the entire undercarriage of the car covers the paper. ANY leaks of ANY type will show up as you will clearly see the drips and it will spare your driveway or garage floor the mess. Brown works well as does white.

You can do the same thing with large cardboard boxes that have been cut open so they lay flat. Any leaks will show up.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

under hard acceleration your brake fluide in the master cylinder reservoire moves back and since the level sensor is in the front of the reservoire it sends a signal as if the resevoire was empty.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

If the fluid is low it could mean you are in need of new brakes or maybe it's a leak.. as the brake pads wear down the fluid gets lower and lower and when you replace them with new pads the fluid pumps back up..

If the fluid is low it could mean you are in need of new brakes or maybe it's a leak.. as the brake pads wear down the fluid gets lower and lower and when you replace them with new pads the fluid pumps back up..

right. just add fluide and watch the level.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived