CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Navigation

weephee

I am thinking of buying an 01 Seville. The car comes with navigation which is like a TV monitor in the dash. Just wondering if anyone has this option on their car and what they think of it. I understand you insert a CD which provides a road map of most of North America. Is there an annual or monthly fee associated with Navigation. Any experienced information would be appreciated. Thanks

My father has the navigation option in his '03, it is amazing. The DVD comes with the system and there are no monthly fees associated with the program or the GPS locating devices. It's really great and I think everyone should have one. I really wish I had it in my 2000 but I don't have the cash to spend right now.

I have one on my 2001 and just put the CD in and it pops up on the screen. According to the owners manual you can preset wav points which I presume it will give you turn by turn directions for a preset route.

I don't use mine very often but it does come in handy when in a un-famliar territory. Any given CD will only cover certain regions but to get a whole set I believe you need 6. They (CD's) are kinda pricy too.

Jim

Archived