CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1992 Seville keyless entry

6gunn

I have a 1992 Seville without keyless entry. Do all Seville's from this year have the wiring to drop in a Cadillac keyless entry module? I don't see the harness for it, but I didn't take up the capet ect.

Thanks

I pretty much know where the part goes, it's located in the trunk next to the back seat. But you would think the wiring harness for the module would be hanging close to that spot, but it's not. And it's a Cadillac, you should be able to up grade the thing. It's not a cheap Honda Civic.

On the 1992 Seville the remote was a option. 1993 and latter it was standard. Also, the 1992 was a one year remote. 1993-1995 used a different remote.

I dont think any export cars had remotes.

The keyless entry was an option in '92, but is the wiring harness for the keyless entry module in all the '92 Sevilles made, or in just the cars that had the keyless option? I've added options to other cars, but the wiring was present for the option even thou the car didn't have the option to start with. In other words all the cars had the same harness regradless if they all the option or not.

Archived