CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

my new CTS shift knob on 96 seville (PIC)

Dan K

Well i got around to installing my new CTS shift knob on my 96 Seville. It works great and i think adds a nice touch from the golf club style shifter that used to be in there.

Hope you guys like

Thanks

Dan

post-3-1092595174.jpg

Does CTS knob install onto the the '96/'97 Sevilles with any problems? Is it as easy as removing the "C" clip from th knob and intalling the new CTS knob, then replacing the "C" clip? Let us know!! Ken

There are some modifications that needed to be done. Like changing the key-way and the height of the knob. You also need to drill two very small holes for the old clip to hold it in. It was a little bit of work but as you can see it can be done and it works like it was made for the car. If anyone wants to try this and has questions please let me know i will be glad to help.

Dan

Did you also install a different stereo?

Max

Yes that is a different radio, It is a CD player off of a 99 deville. This however was a lot more complicated to get to work than the shift knob.

as you can see i like to do things that people say can not be done and will not work LOL.

real nice job! I've never been too impressed with my shifter either.. I painted it black, and although it looks a little nicer, I would still like a change. You think I could modify a wood shift knob from a 99 Seville and put it in place of my '93? any advice would be great!

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

real nice job! I've never been too impressed with my shifter either.. I painted it black, and although it looks a little nicer, I would still like a change. You think I could modify a wood shift knob from a 99 Seville and put it in place of my '93? any advice would be great!

-Eric

I was thinking of going that route, although that would have been a little more work. I won't say you can't do it though.

Archived