CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Dynomax sound clips?

EldoEsq.

I drove past an Eldo with some kind of exhaust system or performance muffler...I dont know what kind, but I didnt like how it sounded. However, it GREATLY piqued my interest...

I have had Dynomax super turbos on Chevy 350's in the past and loved the sound...but before I cut up a perfectly good stainless system, I want to HEAR them on a northstar!!! I do trust you guys on here, but I gotta hear it!!!

Please Please...if you have a dynomax, please try posting a sound clip!!!

• 1 month later...

Just took a couple of short 15 sec. .mpg clips tonight of my Eldorado with the Dynomax Super Turbos. B) I remembered this post... Anyone have a way of posting those for people to view/listen? I have two, each of them are about 344K.

One is my son driving the car away at an easy pace, and then he shot the other one of me nailing it to WOT. They both sound great! :P

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Nice!!!

I will have to post some of my Flowmaster when I get a better clip!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

I was listening for 2nd gear, what happened?

I know, I know... I was so mad that the clip ended before the 2nd gear shift at WOT! That is the best sound, especially when you can get a little rubber at the shift! The cam only takes 15 sec clips and it cut off before that. I tried another take, but then the battery went dead... :angry:

I will have to do it again sometime when I get borrow the camera again. I would really like to do a low-from-behind view to show off the painted mufflers better too!

EldoEsq. , I know what you mean. I didn't have a choice about waiting, my mufflers were rotting off and full of holes. That is a tough call, but in my opinion these things really sound great and are a nice bang for the buck at $35. ea from www.summitracing.com ;)

'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Well, Caddyshack24 had supplied a link he posted about 7-8 up on the list... but it seems to be down right now. I'll shoot you an email if you want to do it as well. ;)

I wanna hear too! :) Right now I have the Dynomax super turbos on as well.. Couldn't be happier although I would like to hear how the flowmasters sound on Seville, in person.

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

Wow -- those Dynomax mufflers really sound nice behind that Northstar. And at $35 ea, you're right -- the bang-for-the-buck factor can't be beat. What part numbers did you use? Anyone who has these on their car, if you can remember the part number of the particular ones you used, please post. :)

Thanks,

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Sounds great :P , just wondering if you still have the catalytic converter and/or the resonator on the car still? Thanks.

Spence

Thanks guys, gotta love that WOT roar hey? :P

Yup, still have the OEM cat on there. The Eldorado does not have a resonator (or mine didn't anyway) The short 14" sport model Dyno's that I have are #17731, they have 2 1/4 in-out...

The tips I put on there are resonated (double wall with perforated holes) and they did quiet it down a little when I had them welded on.

Thanks for the part numbers guys. I really like how the Dynomax mufflers retain the OEM "burble", but just add some "deepness" or bass to it. They have a very powerful factory sound, which I think is really cool.

For the guys who have heard both the Dynomax mufflers AND the Pontiac GXP and/or the Eldorado Commemorative Edition, how do they compare? Are the Dynomaxes pretty comparable to the sound of the Pontiac or Eldorado?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

• 2 months later...

I just had a set of Dynomax Super Turbos installed. I retained the stock system and just replaced the mufflers with part #17746. It seems to be just slightly louder with a nice mild performance tone - a lot bassier than what I expected. It's nice and quiet inside the car - no resonance at any speed - and with the blower motor and stereo turned down, I am really enjoying the way it sounds when I step on it. Even part throttle and idle sounds nice. At first, I didn't think it was loud enough, but the mufflers seem to be gaining a bit of volume as they "burn in". I retained the stock tips.

As for the performance, I am VERY PLEASED. I've noticed the car launches better and has much improved throttle response at most any RPM.

Just be sure to sand them down at spray them with several coats of a good high temp silver or black paint, such as POR-20, so they'll last. They are not stainless, just aluminized.

I'll see if I can get a sound clip and post it.

Archived