CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Zaino Car Polish For Chrome

AaronM

Hi,

I purchased a whole kit of Zaino car products. I can't wait to use them! I red the back of one of the polishes (z-2 I think) and it said it could be used on chrome. Would this offer some protection against salty winter roads that can eat away at the chrome?

Thanks!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Aaron,

Yes and No...

The polish will not really protect the chrome, however the abrasive properties of it will remove stuck on dirt and grime, as well as bring out a brighter shine to it. I am not familiar with Zanio products, but I know they do not mess around. I am sure in that kit that you purchased there is a Wax. Use this wax to protect the finish, as it will form a protective layer over the surface. You will want to continuously keep the wheels (that's the chrome you are refering to, I assume)waxed as it breaks down under heat, in time.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

And if you want a real Concours winning shine, next time try:

http://www.zymol.com

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

No comparison. Stick w/Zaino.

Re your z2 question. Although it says polish it is a polymer sealer that will protect your wheels. I use it and it makes cleaning them much easier. I usually get 6 or so coats on thru the summer & fall and it lasts through a MI winter. Cant ask for more than that.

Thanks for the replies! This stuff works great! I applied 1 coat of z-5 and 1 coat of z-2 after I clay bared it, it looks awesome! I can't wait to see what it will look like with even more coats. It is so darn shiney and slick! I love it!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Sure! I will take some pictures today. :D

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

I use nu-finish to polish and protect my chrome.. it works great and it's wicked cheap. now to clean the chrome if it's bad you gotta use something like a compound like mothers chrome compound or blue magic or MAAS or something like that for cleaning then cover it with nu finish or wahtever u want

Archived