CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bottom "mount/holder" for securing radiator

:o Does anyone know what the part number and description is for a little sqaure piece that both corners (bottom) that hold the radiator from moving forward into the fans?

I have the Helm book manuals but there isn't any description of the part that I can find.

Troubleshooting a profuse leak that recently began, I found out how I got 2 holes in the radiator that which now I am puling out of the car. I discovered that the radiator was missing the little sqaure piece on that it might rest in preventing the unit from sliding forward, (there are 2) 1 for each corner.

I just had my A/C worked on and they replaced the Condensor and Compressor. My radiator slid forward and started grinding into the fan.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

1998 Eldorado.

If what you are describing is the rubber pieces that the radiator sits in? I dont necessarily think that they stop the radiator from the fan, I think they support the radiator. If I am not mistaken, the fan is in its own housing, I didn't think the radiator could move into it, but I guess it can. I don't think you are going to find that part too easily. Maybe you could go back to the AC shop and see if they have it laying around, you might get lucky. If you dont have any junk yards near you, let me know, by email, I have tons on Long Island, NY and maybe I can find one for you. Mike

Don't feel too bad the last time I took my car in for work (tranny rebuild), they forgot to put a bell housing bolt in and could not find it....

If you are talking about the two rubber insulators that hold the bottom of the radiator the part number is as follows: Gm#3521382

They are a dealer item and you can also order them from www.gmpartsdirect.com.

I've already changed my radiator because of severe leakage from the bottom, but unfortunately I forgot to put the rubber insulators. I ordered mine from the dealer and waited two weeks for them to arrive and still forgot to use them. I don't have the mind to open the radiator again LOL.

Regarding the fans, I have to say that they are bolted to the top of the radiator. If the radiator moves, the fans move with it.

If you are talking about the two rubber insulators that hold the bottom of the radiator the part number is as follows: Gm#3521382

They are a dealer item and you can also order them from www.gmpartsdirect.com.

I've already changed my radiator because of severe leakage from the bottom, but unfortunately I forgot to put the rubber insulators. I ordered mine from the dealer and waited two weeks for them to arrive and still forgot to use them. I don't have the mind to open the radiator again LOL.

Regarding the fans, I have to say that they are bolted to the top of the radiator. If the radiator moves, the fans move with it.

Great Arash its good to know that those insulators are available. Is it possible for the fans to hit the radiator? Or... does the fan move with the radiator, if it does maybe the problem is with the fan itself? Thanks, Mike

Archived