CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1903 Cadillac Model A Runabout with Rear-Entry Tonneau

Rolling works of art in the auction include a vintage 1903 Cadillac Model A Runabout with Rear-entry Tonneau, one of the first ever Cadillacs on the road. It was powered by an improved engine designed by Henry Martyn Leland and partner Robert C Faulconer, two years previously.

In 1903, approximately 2,500 of these runabouts were built. This Model A was particularly noted for performing well on hill climbs and reliability trials, and gained wide acclaim at the time. The car's catalogue listing refers to its distinctive rear-entry tonneau coachwork (pictured below).

Read More: http://www.paulfrasercollectibles.com/section.asp?catid=26&docid=3103

IMAGE%20410%20FW10_r404_01-1.jpg

IMAGE%20410%20FW10_r404_03-1.jpg

This historically important automobile boasts a firmly established legacy, and will sell complete with a binder which includes photocopies of the original specifications and operating instructions.

Selling without reserve, the car carries an estimate of $50,000-75,000.

RM Auctions' sale of The Pate Collection will take place in Cresson, Texas on June 5.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Website: http://www.rmauctions.com/default.cfm?SaleCode=FW10 (hit SKIP VIDEO)

Brochure: http://www.rmauctions.com/pdf/Brochures/RM_FW10_Brochure.pdf

Overview

RM Auctions is honored to present a wide range of some of the most significant and technically interesting motor cars of the 20th Century at the former Pate Museum of Transportation in Cresson, Texas. At the Museum, which also played host for many years to the well-known annual Pate Swap Meet, over 40 historic motor cars and many fascinating items of transportation-related memorabilia will be offered after long-term ownership and all without reserve. In short, this event marks a unique opportunity for collectors to own a piece of history.

Admission Information

$20.00 per person and admits one to the preview and auction.

Details: http://www.rmauctions.com/EventInfo.cfm?SaleCode=FW10

AUCTION:

June 5, 2010

10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

(viewing starts at 9:00 AM )

PREVIEW:

June 4, 2010

9:00 AM - 7:00 PM

June 5, 2010

9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

ADMISSION:

$20.00 per person and admits one to the preview and auction.

AUCTION LOCATION

Pate Museum of Transportation

18501 Highway 377 South

Cresson, Texas 76035

Bruce

1959 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible

Showing 40,240 miles, this impressive Convertible

features a 325 hp, 390 cu. in. V8, Hydra-Matic, a white

exterior finish and a red and white two-tone interior. It is

equipped with many power features, including a power

antenna, power brakes, power steering, a power seat, a

power top and power windows, as well as an AM radio,

clock and factory A/C.

1941 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Sedan

This rare Fisher-bodied example is very well equipped

with a 346 cu. in. V8 producing 150 hp, mated to the first

iteration of the sophisticated Hydra-Matic automatic

transmission, which was quite rare on this car. Retaining

most of its original features, it also includes dual

spotlights, a clock and a radio.

1933 Cadillac V12 Town Coupe

Introduced within months of the V16, the Cadillac V12 was essentially identical to the

V16, sharing its stroke, but with four fewer cylinders and a larger bore. Wheelbase aside,

the Twelve was priced from $2,500 and looked nearly identical to the Sixteen, offering a

comparative bargain to Depression-weary buyers.

This V12 Fleetwood Town Coupe is one of just 953 V12 models produced for 1933.

Finished in two-tone blue, it is complemented by body-color wire wheels with trim rings

and bright hubcaps, as well as a darker blue beltline rib with red pin striping. Numerous

period accessories include dual Senior Trippe lights, a Lorraine spotlight, dual side

mounted spares with hard covers and engraved rear-view mirrors, front fender-mounted

lights, dual chrome plated horns and a folding rear luggage rack.

The grey cloth interior upholstery is enhanced by matching carpeting, wood grain

dash and window trim, dual folding sun visors and a roll-down rear window blind.

In addition, the Cadillac includes ride control, a Jaeger clock and a complete set

of Jaeger gauges, including an ammeter and indicators for ride control, engine

temperature and oil pressure.

Bruce

<------- Looks very similar. I think this one is a 1904 or 05. One noticable improvement is the way the fenders flare out to splash the mud and water away from the passengers. Cadillac was even concerned with driver comfort way back then! This picture was taken at Muskingum Park during the Lion's Club spring car show several years ago.

I always wished I could own a car from the 30's, but they're priced way out of my reach these days.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived