CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Edelbrock Crate Engines

I assume you are asking if a crate Chevrolet 350 engine would fit? Not without a lot of engineering.

What you can consider is looking at cars that shared the same body and working with similar powertrains -- I think the Buick variant offered a 3.8L or Supercharged 3.8L for example. It only put out 240 hp, compared to the 4.9L's 200 hp. Unfortunately, for the cost you would usually be better off selling the Deville and buying one with a 270/275 hp or 295/300 hp Northstar, or a 94-96 RWD Fleetwood with the 260 hp LT1. It would be easier to swap the LT1 engine with another chevy engine.

I like the 4.9L engine, but there is not an aftermarket for hotrodding the 4.9L.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

If you like the larger cars I would definitely shop a 94-96 Cadillac Fleetwood; it is a "D" body car, so like a same-year Caprice or Roadmaster only longer -- 121.5" wheelbase, 225 inch total length. 93 similar size, but the 94-96 have that LT1 engine. Look for the trailer towing option V4P for a better final drive and heavy duty cooling.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

YAY! That means I can stay with the good old caddy then. hopefully I can get it for a steal like I did this 94 Deville. I only paid 600 for it, body is in great condition and it only has 150k miles on it.

post-14038-127432427259_thumb.jpg

Archived