CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hey all, hope everyone is enjoying driving their Caddy's in the nice weather again.

A new problem has arose with my 1994 Seville STS... The car had sit in the garage for about 2 weeks until yesterday when we fired it up to go on a 1 hour cruise out of town to visit friends. Car started up fine as always but the problem was immediately noticed when my fuel gauge was on "E" and my battery volt readout was at "0.0 VOLTS".

I immediately shut the car off and pulled the codes and had got the folowing:

Current:

R061 ................................................. SIR Indicator Circuit Failure

R062 ....................................... Redundant SIR Indicator Circuit Failure

History:

P016 (E016) ......................................... Voltage Out of Range [ALL SOL]

P036 (E036) ................................. EGR Valve Pintle Position Out of Range

P052 (E052) ....................................................... PCM Memory Reset

P109 (E109) ....... Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Reset/PCM has lost primary battery power

P132 (E132) ......................................... Knock Sensor Circuitry Failure

I032 .......................................................... Loss of ABS/TCS Data

T073 .......................... PCM - EBTCM/EBCM Pulse Width Modulation Signal Fault

I put a voltmeter on the battery with the car running and the alternator is charging good at 14.2 volts (brand new alt) and I noticed the twilight sentinel does not function anymore.. The lights do work if I pull the switch out, but even with the car running the car chimes as if it is off and reminding me that the lights are on. I've checked every single fuse (physically pulled and used tester) and NONE of them are blown and all my grounds and terminals are clean like new and making good contact.

I've done some searching on here and cadillacforums and the two threads I have found were unresolved.

Any help will always be appreciated, thank you.

After some searching through a Camaro forum and the FSM I have narrowed it down to the Air Bag indicator light on the IPC... It no longer turns on when I turn the key to "run" or "start" and I am wondering if this could be the most possible problem?

The info center never gave me any indication that the SIR system needs to be serviced and I find it kind of strange that all these problems I'm having could be caused by a faulty dummy light.

I replaced the "IGN" fuses under the hood and in the trunk as other Caddy owners with the exact same problem had found faulty "IGN-1 " fuses, but with the luck of me and this car the fuses were not the issue.

I guess I'll start with replacing the indicator and see where that takes me and I will post afterward.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is what I have found up till now:

- SIR indicator light bulb in IPC is fine.

- Smoke is coming from the steering column...

Here is a list of things that now no longer function with this car:

- Cornering lights

- Cruise Control

- Right-hand turn signal

- Right hand brake light

- Fuel Gauge

- Twilight sentinel

- Hazard Lights

- DRL's

- Voltmeter

- Pride & Self-worth

All these run on a fuse in the Engine compartment labeled "IGN 1 (10Amp)" but the fuse is fine and I even replaced it in case it was faulty. I forgot to mention that the lower end of the steering column near the hazard switch was hot to the touch. Not sure if the steering column needs to be replaced or if the harness or harness' are easily replaceable inside it.

If anyone here has any clue as to what this predicament with this then any input would be appreciated.

A new Caddy is looking better and better...

• 2 months later...

Hello...ihave just same problem you have:

SIR codes

ro61

r062

"information" and store/recall button don,t work.

Airbag light and abs lights wont work.

fuses ok. and everything else works fine, but this codes, and wont let me "clear codes"

did you solve your problem.

How you remove that instrumental cluster, can you write me instruction how to remove cluster...i try skrewdriver but it,s doing scratches.

Archived