CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The quality of ACDelco spark plugs

Oh I will...even if I have to incorporate some kind of handheld throttle and brake mechanism. :D

I'm sure I will still be able to drive...I just might not be able to walk. Heck, I have a hard time with that sometimes now.

But I just keep telling myself that it takes talent to trip over flat surfaces....laugh.gif

Heck... I sometimes do that too.

:D

Posted Image

Oh I will...even if I have to incorporate some kind of handheld throttle and brake mechanism. :D

I'm sure I will still be able to drive...I just might not be able to walk. Heck, I have a hard time with that sometimes now.

But I just keep telling myself that it takes talent to trip over flat surfaces....laugh.gif

Heck... I sometimes do that too.

:D

I have the most problem with falling up the stairs. :P Sometimes when I trip on flat surfaces, I just figure it is just a high spot. :bump::blink:

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but I figured it was a good place to put this.

I had a pretty bad miss on my STS that I finally fixed today. Part of the issue was 2 delco spark plugs that had lost the platinum pads in less than 15k miles.

I try to always use oem ACDelco when possible but I'm going to be trying NGK plaugs next time.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

• 2 weeks later...

I try to use only OEM parts whenever they are available. Nevertheless, some of ACDelco products such as batteries, radiators, heater cores, spark plugs, spark plug wires are not the best choice IMHO.

Recently I bough a set of ACDelco 41-906 Platinum spark plugs. Examined them with a 10X magnifier and did not like the way the pucks were placed on the central and ground electrodes. ALL OF THEM were off axis. That actually makes the gap wider. I heard of missing pucks on Bosh plugs, but learned that ACDelco plugs are known to lose the pucks as well.

What's your experience? Here is an article on the subject.

I have used only NGK V-Powers for years with great results.

As for AC Delco batteries, I bought one for my Dodge Dakota years back. I replaced it a few weeks ago after 12 years under the hood because it was getting weak. Never once did it fail to start... even after months of storage.

Somehow I missed this thread when it came out -

Mike, please DON'T LEAVE THIS GROUP

The information you provide is amazingly valuable to us clods - and it's clear that you spend alot of time and thought on your posts.

And you set a tone for new people that is perfect - the "culture" of a board like this is why so many people are loyal to it - and you've been and continue to be instrumental in keeping it that way.

I've observed that the world has changed, and the pursuit of money seems to have surpassed so many of what us old folks see as traditional values - and so we have cars that aren't as durable as past production years, and companies that don't seem to give a darn. But - Caddy Info is a wonderful respite from that world. I read it almost daily just to absorb the good vibe here - one that you have made an enormous contribution to.

THANKS

• 4 weeks later...

Somehow I missed this thread when it came out -

Mike, please DON'T LEAVE THIS GROUP

The information you provide is amazingly valuable to us clods - and it's clear that you spend alot of time and thought on your posts.

And you set a tone for new people that is perfect - the "culture" of a board like this is why so many people are loyal to it - and you've been and continue to be instrumental in keeping it that way.

I've observed that the world has changed, and the pursuit of money seems to have surpassed so many of what us old folks see as traditional values - and so we have cars that aren't as durable as past production years, and companies that don't seem to give a darn. But - Caddy Info is a wonderful respite from that world. I read it almost daily just to absorb the good vibe here - one that you have made an enormous contribution to.

THANKS

Thank You, I appreciate your kind words, I just saw this today, thanks

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived