CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Which one would you choose?????

Which one would you choose?????

2006 - White Diamond, Level III, 46,000 miles, Bose, Massaging seats, Cadillac Certified. $20,500

2006 - White Diamond, Level II, 25,000 miles, No Bose, No Massaging seats, Not Caddy Certified. $21,500

The exterior and interior of both cars is perfect.

What features come with the level III from the level II? When I put in the VIN's at the compnine website that Bruce gave me the link to, the Level III had quite a few things that the level two did not have. Upgraded wheels, ect. Thanks for the help!!

Steve in Iowa

STS?

Engine?

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Strictly a personal choice. $1000 more for 21,000 less miles, but less features and less warranty. What's more important to you, mileage or features and warranty (6yrs/100K)?

STS?

Engine?

Mike,

He is talking about a DTS.

How did you determine that Jim?, the other threads?, did I miss something?

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

BBF, don't really want to answer for Jim, but I think we got it from the other thread. AND Sevilles didn't have LuxII's and III's I suppose.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

The choice is easy for me. I would choose "2006 - White Diamond, Level III, 46,000 miles, Bose, Massaging seats, Cadillac Certified. $20,500"

The 21,000 mile difference is meaningless in the long run if the engine was not abused. I would value the Bose and messaging seats as more important.

Like Ranger said--personal choice! For me, I like bells and whistles! If the mileage difference was 50K then I would hesitate--But it's only 21K.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information everyone.... I pulled the trigger and bought the Level III. It just had so many things that the Level II did not have. Bose, Better Looking Wheels, Power Tilt and Telescope. Real Wood trim, and a few other things. After reading the comments from everyone, I went to look at and drive these two cars... with a predisposition to the Level III. After lookng at and driving them. I was even more sure. The Cadillac Certification and having the balance of the 6 yr, 100,000 mile coverage was pretty big to me. As you may have gathered, I am not real mechanically inclined (See I can't even SPELL it!)... so having another 55,000 or 2.5 years of warranty sounds pretty good to me. And if for sure eliminates the chance that I am buying a car with a current problem.

So, I wrote the check, and proceeded on the 150 mile trip back home..... Cranking up that Bose gave me instant satisfaction that I had "done good". Plus, the XM has been paid up for another year and a half. So that is a sweet bonus. My college son and wife were with me. My wife was in the back seat, and I heard her say "Cool" when she flipped down the rear mirroes that pop down from the roof in back. The CarFax repost that shows very regular service at the dealership that I bought it from also made me feel good about it. The seats are more comfortable that my 2002 SLS. I like the 40/20/40 bench seat also. Although I do like the looks of a console and floor shifter... I am a big guy and the extra legroom I gain by having no console is very nice.

Although the ride is pretty darn nice. I am planning on putting a set of Michelin Primacy's or Goodyear Comfortred Touring on it. I has a Firestones on it right now. They look like they are not that old. but I had planned on getting a new set of tires and new custom floor mats with the $1,000 that I saved by going with this car rather than the uc-certified one with less miles for more money.

I do have one other question.... This car has been using a Synthetic Blend of oil in it. Would you keep just using that or consider switching to Mobil 1 or another Full Synthetic? Thanks to everyone and Caddyinfo!!

Steve in Iowa.

Congrats on the new Cadillac! Glad you got the car you wanted.

IN terms of oil, the 2006 DTS manual states:

Engine oil which meets GM Standard GM6094M and displays the American Petroleum Institute Certified for Gasoline Engines starburst symbol. GM Goodwrench® oil meets all the requirements for your vehicle. To determine the proper viscosity for your vehicle’s engine, see Engine Oil on page 5-13

You can find that spec here: http://www.gm.com/corporate/responsibility/environment/maintenance/gm_approved_engine_oils.pdf

with approved brands.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Thanks Bruce...

Yes, my DTS has been serviced with the regular Goodwrench 5w-30 oil all it's life. I though I remembered somewhere in the past with someone saying that unless a car had been using the Mobile 1 since it was new that it might be best not to start using it when it has 45,000 miles on it like my "newer" one does. I do keep my cars till they have 150,000 miles plus on them, so if there is anything I can do to help my engine last, I want to do it... but don't want to do anything that will cause my engine to use oil or leak it.

Three days now.... and I LOVE this car!! :)

Thanks again.

Steve in Iowa

2006 DTS Lux III

Forget the old stories about switching to synthetic oils after XXX number of miles, it won't hurt a thing. My personal reccomendation on motor oil would be the new "Extended Performance Mobil 1" in the proper grade. Particularly if you plan on going by the OLM for oil changes, which you should. I also like Pennzoil Platinum, but GM puts Mobil 1 in right from the factory these days, so they must like it for the Northstar.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

• 3 months later...

Forget the old stories about switching to synthetic oils after XXX number of miles, it won't hurt a thing. My personal reccomendation on motor oil would be the new "Extended Performance Mobil 1" in the proper grade. Particularly if you plan on going by the OLM for oil changes, which you should. I also like Pennzoil Platinum, but GM puts Mobil 1 in right from the factory these days, so they must like it for the Northstar.

When GM wants to use a synthetic oil they use Mobil 1 because Exxon-Mobil has the factory fill contract for GM.

When GM wants to use a synthetic oil they use Mobil 1 because Exxon-Mobil has the factory fill contract for GM.

I think yo umade a great choice. I would definately pay extra for optioal provisions and extra warranty. PICS??

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived