CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Installing factory 6 disc changer 2001 Deville DHS

Is it easy to put one of the factory 6 disc changers in a 2001 deville that didn't come equipped with the factory 6 disc changer? In my glove box it looks like there even a spot where it is supposed to sit. But as far as wiring it, will it be pretty simple? Anybody done this before?

Look in the trunk on the right side for the plug and mounting location. Read my thread on the cd changer addition

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Look in the trunk on the right side for the plug and mounting location. Read my thread on the cd changer addition

The 2000+ Devilles have the 6-disc changer that mounts in the glove box, not the 12-disc model that mounts in the trunk like the previous version of the Deville.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The 2000+ Devilles have the 6-disc changer that mounts in the glove box, not the 12-disc model that mounts in the trunk like the previous version of the Deville.

Yeah I can see there is a spot for it in the glove box. I was just wondering if anybody knew if it was already wired for it or if not how much trouble is it to hook up.

interesting, I could have sworn I saw a 2002 Deville with the plug in the trunk. I will have to do some research on this one

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived