CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: I have met the Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Cadillac’s Nick Twork was on his way through Dallas from Detroit in a new, pre-production 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe and was nice enough to slow down and spend some one-on-one time with CaddyInfo.com.  Here is a photo of me and the V-Coupe; looks like we would be a good match!I like to think *I* look [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Thanks for the report! I'd have left the pool, too, to see a CTS V-Series Coupe! Did you get to try-out the Recaros? The automatic door openers? The back-up camera? I'm glad to hear the Saffron colored seat inserts looked good in-person, and that you found the leg room to be good. I join you in hoping this car sells well, and I am also glad Cadillac is building it. I want to replace my CTS-4 Sedan with a CTS-4 Coupe (not a V-Series), as the rear seat in my car is used "occasionally" at best, and I love the looks of the CTS Coupe! However, it is most disappointing that the sunroof will only tilt up from the rear, and not slide (Mercedes dealt with this issue on the E-Class Coupe by having the sunroof pop out, up and over the fixed-roof, electrically. The Audi S5 Coupe only has a roof that tilts like the CTS Coupe.) Therefore, I am waiting to see the CTS Coupe in-person, prior to really making a decision about getting one.

The sunroof in the Escalade would either slide back to open, or tilt up in the back (either or). I assume that the CTS sunroof operates in a similar fashion -- either open to the air ro silted up in the back. I did not play with the sunroof in the Coupe, so I can't confirm or deny how it operates.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The sunroof in the Escalade would either slide back to open, or tilt up in the back (either or). I assume that the CTS sunroof operates in a similar fashion -- either open to the air ro silted up in the back. I did not play with the sunroof in the Coupe, so I can't confirm or deny how it operates.

The sunroof in the CTS Coupe is a "tilt only" power operated ordeal, similar to the Audi S5 Coupe, with a manually sliding sunshade. This is why I find it disappointing. However, it seems that is what others in its class have done, with the exception of the E-Class Coupe, which power glides open, but outside the roof, rather than between the headliner and metal roof--which I think is a "cheap" look (the Pontiac G6 did this) although it may be better than not sliding at all. I noticed that several of the early production models used in testing do not feature any sunroof--rather unusual for a $50,000+ luxury Coupe in 2011! However, the great styling, and my sense of nationalism, may allow me to overlook this feature that is important to me. I'm glad to hear another report that the CTS Coupe looks "better in person than in photos."

Archived