CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2009 Cadillac STS options

The Primary option / setup when shopping for a 2009 Cadillac STS would be to find a 1SG model. This is the V8 performance sedan, and includes performance cooling, premium ZF steering package, and MR suspension.

Further, it makes available the PCZ Performance Handling Package, which includes

(QAF) P255/45R18 front, P255/45R18 rear, Michelin Pilot Sport summer only tires, (P73) 18" x 8.5" (45.6 cm x 21.6 cm) chrome wheels and (J56) Brembo brakes

1 - Not available with (W21) Platinum Edition or with any Fleet order types. (SGC) spare tire and wheel, not desired, replaces (ZAA) compact spare tire when (PCZ) Performance Handling Package is ordered.

2 - Available on AWD and RWD. Not available with (W21) Platinum Edition, (JL7) Active Steering with enhanced StabiliTrak or with any Fleet order types. (SGC) spare tire and wheel, not desired, replaces (ZAA) compact spare tire when (PCZ) Performance Handling Package is ordered.

The W21 option is the Platinum:

Platinum Edition, includes unique grille finish, (PGK) 18" (45.7 cm) chromed wheels, specific deck lid emblem, (B18) Wood Trim Package, leather-wrapped interior, Cashmere Alcantara headliner, premium floor mats, specific door sill plates, (Q12) P235/50R18 front and P255/45R18 rear Michelin W-rated all-season blackwall tires, (ZAA) compact spare tire and Tuscany full-leather seats

1 - Not available with (PCZ) Performance Handling Package or any Fleet order types.

2 - Not available with (PCZ) Performance Handling Package or any Fleet order types. (ZAA) compact spare tire is not included in (W21) Platinum Edition since it is included in the 1SG PEG.

So you can apparently ONLY get the Performance Handling package OR the Platinum Package. The Performance Handling package puts big 255/45 tires on front & rear, Brembo brakes from the V, and a spare tire.

I wonder if the PCZ description means it actually comes with a fullsize spare!? Compare: "spare tire and wheel" versus "compact spare tire"

So in this case I think a 1SG STS with PCZ Performance Handling Package in RWD is preferable even to a Platinum Edition STS, but either would be fun.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I may be reading it wrong...but...

The way I am reading it...the "PLATINUM EDITION" includes the 1SG options but you can't get the BREMBO brakes or the "SUMMER ONLY" tires.

Considering that there would be only a FEW SECONDS a month, that I would ever get to see the benefit of the bigger brakes and the little bit of added grip of the summer only tires...

And that I "WOULD" get a lot of enjoyment "EVERY DAY" from driving one with the SUPER LUXURIOUS interior... I might lean towards the PLATINUM.

Just saying...

PS:... I also understand that the PILOTS wear REAL FAST if driven even FAIRLY BRISKLY... but I have no personal experience with them.

Posted Image

The Tuscany Leather in the Platinum vs Brembo Performance Brakes and full-size spare in the 1SG+PCZ? Normally the PCZ would also make a difference in the suspension from FE2 to FE3, but for the 1SG both setups have the MR suspension so no difference.

The STS Platinum would be easier to search for, although not sure if they would have made more 1SG+PCZ or Platinums.

I suppose you are right, and the Platinum likely has some additional touches beyond those mentioned that would make it more desirable than the 1SG+PCZ

Bruce

The Tuscany Leather in the Platinum vs Brembo Performance Brakes and full-size spare in the 1SG+PCZ? Normally the PCZ would also make a difference in the suspension from FE2 to FE3, but for the 1SG both setups have the MR suspension so no difference.

The STS Platinum would be easier to search for, although not sure if they would have made more 1SG+PCZ or Platinums.

I suppose you are right, and the Platinum likely has some additional touches beyond those mentioned that would make it more desirable than the 1SG+PCZ

I don't think you get a spare "AT ALL" with the PERFORMANCE HANDLING PACKAGE"

I read it as the compact spare is included in the PLATINUM PACKAGE...and there is "NO SPARE AT ALL" in the package with the summer tires and Brembo brakes.

(...(ZAA) compact spare tire is not included in (W21) Platinum Edition since it is included in the 1SG PEG....)

(... (SGC) spare tire and wheel, not desired, replaces (ZAA) compact spare tire when (PCZ) Performance Handling Package is ordered....)

I could be reading it wrong and mis-understanding what it means.... (laughing)

:D

Posted Image

Ah; that makes it less desirable then. I still like having the same wheels+rubber front and rear, but now I would say the first thing to shop for is an STS V8 Platinum, (the Platinum is also available with the V6) then any STS 1SG, with the PCZ preferred if a 1SG but not a Platinum.

Bruce

Ah; that makes it less desirable then. I still like having the same wheels+rubber front and rear, but now I would say the first thing to shop for is an STS V8 Platinum, (the Platinum is also available with the V6) then any STS 1SG, with the PCZ preferred if a 1SG but not a Platinum.

That sounds like a good plan.

:hatsoff:

Posted Image

Archived