CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: Power versus MPG

In selecting my next Cadillac, I am drawn the to highest performance models available within my budget.  More is always better right?My model for the ‘right’ 0-60 time for a sport sedan is 5.5 to 6  seconds this year.   Performance of cars as a whole changes over time, as automobile performance improves.The current CTS DI [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Given the above choices...

If I was just a little younger than what I am... (as you are)...I would go with the late model "V" and not worry about the mileage.

You can worry about that when you get older and ain't got anything else to do.

I would "MAKE IT WORK" in the budget. :D

To paraphrase Admiral Farragut... "darn the gas mileage... full speed ahead." :D

But knowing you a little bit... you would probably be happier (most of the time) in the STS V8.

The 3.6DI CTS would always leave you wondering ... "Should I have got the V8?"

I don't think you want an older version of the "V"... and ....

If you get either one of the newer "V"'s ... (late model STS V or late model CTS V)...you will be worrying about burning too much fuel... killing the planet and the extra expense not fitting your budget model.

:D:D

So ... in my opinion, you would probably be happier (most of the time)...in the late model STS V8.

That is...Till you wanted to REALLY STAND ON IT... and then compared it to how the 556HP felt in the CTS "V".

:D :D :D

You wanted opinions....

You got mine. :D

Posted Image

Consider further that a 2009 Cadillac STS 1SG Performance Sedan may cost similar to a 2008 Cadillac STS-V. I am concerned that I would long for the Supercharger later, but the cars are -so- similar otherwise that I agree the better MPG and the newer / longer warranty on the STS 1SG are inviting. No bad choices in that range though.

Bruce

Maybe the dominant cost variable is not fuel.

Don't overlook insurance premiums.

According to the helpful insurance quote gadgets at USAA.com, the 2008 STS-V would cost $30/mo extra, and the 2009 STS would cost $18/mo extra both as compared to my 2005 CTS. So the STS-V would be $360/year extra, the STS $216/year extra; the STS would be $144/year less than the V.

Bruce

Archived